iv. i'm sorry

chapter four

chapter four .  .  . i'm sorry

      JOSIE FLOPPED ON HER BED WITH A LOUD SIGH. It had been a long shift at work, especially that Eddie wasn't there because he had to go to a campaign so she was left to deal with complaining customers for five hours, by herself. It wasn't long until Josie had undressed from her uniform and into a more comfortable attire for the night — a Beatles t shirt and sleep shorts.

A Stevie Nicks vinyl played in the background of her room as Josie buried her nose into one of her school books — feeling the most relaxed she had felt in the last 48 hours. After what had happened with Will yesterday, Josie felt herself go into a state of panic and shock. It was an indescribable feeling when seeing the boy uncontrollably shaking unconsciously. She had some knowledge about his episodes but didn't know it was that bad.

"Josephine, honey, someone's here at the door for you!" Snapping out of her thought's from her mother's voice calling out to her, she quickly got up from her bed, making her way to the front door.

Her mom moved away from the door, letting Josie see who was waiting for her. "Hey...Steve." She nervously greeted, a confused look upon her face as if questioning why he was there.

"H-hey." He stammered, throwing a hand through his hair, preparing himself what to say. "Can we talk, please? It'll only be five minutes. Please." Josie saw his pleading, brown eyes piercing into hers and couldn't help but let him.

"Okay..." Steve started with a sigh, "I just came here to say I messed up. I messed up and I don't know if I can fix it because I was an asshole and I don't deserve to have you as a friend especially after what I did to you. It's fine if you don't want to talk to me ever again, I just needed to say that I'm sorry."

Josie was stunned to silence for a moment, trying to process Steve's words — never did she think in a million years would she hear those sort of words come out of the boy's mouth, but here he was, giving her a full, genuine apology.

Seeing his face drop for a split second from her silence, Josie brought him in for a hug — putting her arms around his neck, not missing the way his face contorted into shock, feeling his arms wrap around her waist without a thought.

"Sorry to interrupt—" The two teenagers pulled away from the hug, flushing a deep red when hearing Claudia's voice come from the doorway. "Would you like to stay for dinner, Steven?"

Steve's eyes flickered down to Josie, before looking back up to the woman. "If it's not a bother, Miss Henderson." He politely answered, receiving a sweet smile.

"Nonsense. More the merrier and please call me Claudia."

The two teens shuffled through the doorway, shutting the door behind them to block out the winter breeze now starting to waft through the front of the house.

Two hours went by, after a small dinner in the Henderson house, Steve was now laughing at Josie while sat on her bed, watching her bounce around her room with music softly filling her room. The teenage boy had never seen this side of the Henderson girl and felt as if their argument had never happened.

Josie dramatically threw her head backwards, holding up an imaginary microphone while belting out the lyrics to Dancing Queen by ABBA. Her head of curls, that were previously hung up in a bun, now hardly stayed together in the elastic band that held it all together and her cheeks were flushed and hurt from smiling so much.

Eventually the song came to an end, causing her mockingly bow on the spot as Steve jokingly hooted and clapped at her mini performance. Breathing heavily from jumping around the place, Josie flipped onto her bed, letting out a giggle, "Who knew Steve Harrington liked ABBA?" causing Steve to laugh after her.

"Hey! I told you that in confidence, Henderson."

Realising the time on the clock on her nightstand, Josie's mood slightly faltered. "Do you have to go?" She frowned. She was having too much fun.

"As much as I love watching you attempting and miserably failing to sing, I kind of have a curfew so my dad won't get mad."

Josie gasped in fake offence, "My singing isn't that bad." Steve made a noise in disagreement, but soon laughed when a pillow was whacked in his face. "You're an idiot, Steve Harrington." The girl smiled.

authors note!
this is mainly a filler chapter but next chapter we get into the more action of season 2 which i'm really excited about!

& thank you thank you thank you for 11k!!