13

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

the air felt thick and hazy. encapsulating jake's figure like a fog, but the sky looked as clear as day, he saw sunghoon in the distance, his slim body so recognisable. he wanted to call to him, ask him questions and fix whatever it was they were in, but he felt a dense and heavy weight on his shoulders, as if to sway him away from sunghoon.

they were in school, the courtyard. it was empty and soundless, no sign of life. jake stood in front of the classroom building, sunghoon's back faced him as he stood at the other side. he was wearing that same oversized hoodie from the day before when they went ice skating. from that same day they.. kissed.

they kissed. it shouldn't mean anything, it was just a simple human interaction, so raw and intimate. but the weight on his shoulders only grew as he thought about it. people can kiss and it can mean nothing, and that is what it should have meant. a mistake, a misunderstanding, an error in the script. and mistakes are okay?

but not when it sacrifices the relationship between two people. not when it messes you up so bad that it's the only thing you can think about.

sunghoon's figure was fading into the distance or into the fog? his broad shoulders still prominent, jake felt helpless, should he call out? what if he did?

he reached his right arm out, trying to grasp the other males frame, his hands formed into a fist when he couldn't grab him. the weight now pressing hard against his weakened body, he wanted to run towards him, cling to him, trail his fingers along his stomach again. jake loathed himself, he wanted to be punished so terribly for these sinful thoughts, but he still yearned for it nonetheless.

he swallowed the weight that was crushing him, and sprinted like it was between life and death. his hand so close to sunghoon's shoulder, about to finally grasp him, but sunghoon turned around swiftly looking the shorter male directly in the eye. and the relief that flooded his head when he saw his face, swept the weight away in an instance.

sunghoon smiled. such a genuine smile, the slight upturn of his mouth, his moles so visible in this light, the way his eyes lit up with dimples forming on either side of his beautiful lips.

and then everything disappeared.
it was all black.

♡♡♡

the sky was still black and illuminated by the stars when the blurriness in jake's eyes had faded. he felt a sticky warmth on his face, it was drenched in salty tears. he sat up groggily, finding himself still in that same park playground. his hands were ice cold, as well as the rest of his body. he was shaken, shivering from his thoughts and the crisp weather.