Chapter 13

"Abunjing bunjing," Sancho Etienne murmured.

We're here in his Condo, in his room to be exact. We are cuddling in his bed. Nakaunan ako sa kanyang braso at nakayap ako sa kanyang baywang. My heart is at ease in our situation. Sana ganito lagi.

It's my first time coming here in his condo because we're always hanging out in my apartment. Hindi na ako nagulat na malaki ang Condo niya, ang isahang apartment ko ay parang sala niya lang. Well, what can I expect, he's just the CEO of the Austria Hotel. The most flourishing hotel in Visayas.

"Hmm?" I whispered.

"You said during the interview that you run away from home... uh... if it's okay with you, may I know why?" I can sense that he's somewhat hesitant in his question.

"It's okay if you won't tell me, I respect your decision, love," he added.

Within our relationship, we never talked about this one, ngayon pa lang. To be honest, I don't know what to tell him. It's not that I don't trust him, it's just I don't want him to know, for now. But I decided to tell him some of the reasons...

Natahimik ako saglit, nag-iisip kung ano ang tamang sabihin.

"Since I've become conscious of the reality, I've always wanted freedom and without money, I can't have it. My family wants to take it, my freedom... freedom to choose because I am a woman. They thought that it's better if they are the one to decide for me, for my own good..."

I sighed, he comb my hair using his hand, his way of cheering me up.

"I-It reach to the point that they keep on deciding for me, without asking for my opinion, if I like it or not or if it's fine with me. I felt like I was living for them. I want my freedom, that's when I decided to run away, I love them but at the same point, I want to prove to them that I can do better than they expected." I continued.

"I'm proud of you, County," he said now hugging me.

"Women are referred to as weak when in fact they are the toughest. They are often underestimated, although it is verified that they are strong most of us neglected the idea. They are brave enough and all willing to chase what they want what makes them strong." He added.

Mas lalo akong nahuhulog sa kaniya. I never imagined that he has this kind of point of view. I keep on falling as I get to know him better. He's a walking green flag, no more red flags.

"Thank you, Abunjing bunjing. I appreciate that you respect us, women, for believing that we are not weak. You really are the best!" I hugged him tightly.

"I have a sister, too. And I can see that she's strong and I'm always proud of what she become today," he proudly said.

"And you are strong County, and I'm always thankful for that, your bravery leads you to me."

"Patay na patay ka na n'yan sa'kin, Abunjing bunjing?" I teased him.

"Kapal," he scoffed.

We laugh between our comfortable hugs, I felt so safe inside his arms. Our hugs are disturbed my stomach, it roars. Ngayon pa ako nagutom. Kasalanan 'to nila Zeus, hindi kami nakakain sa Jollibee!

"Hungry?" he chuckled. Binabawi ko na, isa kang waving red flag, Sancho Etienne!

Hindi ako nagsalita at sinubsob ko nalang ang mukha ko sa kaniyang dibdib. Nakakahiya, ang romantic na ng ambiance eh!

"Let's get up, Abunjing bunjing. Let's feed your roaring tummy," he teased and laugh afterward.

Hindi ako gumalaw kaya binuhat niya ako, pa bridal style. Kinilig ako, walking green flag na ulit si Sancho Etienne.

Binaba niya ako sa sink. Hinalikan niya ang aking noo at pagkatapos ay pumunta siya kung saan ang refrigerator. He open it then his brows crumpled.

"Abunjing bunjing, I don't have any vegetables here, I only have meat. Let's just eat outside," he said and close the refrigerator.

"No, it's fine. Hindi naman pwede na ang gusto ko lagi ang masusunod. You're not obliged to adjust every time," I smiled at him.

"Thank you, Love. Love you!" he said and come near then give a quick kiss on the lips.

Nagluluto siya ng steak at nanunuod lang ako dahil sa kagustuhan niya.

"Etienne, may dinala ka na bang babae dito?" I curiously asked.

I saw how he stilled for a moment then he continue what he was doing when he realized that I'm watching him. He then fakes a cough.

"Ah, yeah. My mom and Erish." He responded, playing safe.

"You know that's not what I mean, right?" I replied trying to be tough, suppressing my giggle. Para siyang natatae o ano. He pretend coughing again.

Lumapit siya sa'kin, tinitigan niya ako sa mata. Para bang inaabangan niya ang reaction ko para sa aaminin niya. It's like he wants to console me with what he's about to say.

"I-I brought one. My last ex-girlfriend. But it was 4 years ago, I didn't meet you at that time yet. Promise, love, I never and will never bring anyone here during our relationship, ikaw lang," He defensively uttered.

"Talaga?" I spoke, sounding so serious. Tumango siya ng paulit-ulit, aiming to convince me.

Hindi ko na napigilan, tumawa ako. I witnessed how his brows furrowed. That's when he realized that I'm not being serious and I'm making fun of him. He sighed then hugged me, he bite my ear out of gigil pero hindi siya nagsalita.

"I love you!" I hugged him back.

"I love you, too. Don't do that again. I got nervous, for real." he expressed.

Tumango ako pero tumatawa pa rin. He broke the hug and then stare at me, he give me that 'you're unbelievable' look.

"Happy first monthsary, Sancho Etienne."

"Happy first monthsary, Athena County."

We smiled at each other and our lips meet to savor a passionate kiss. I'm so in love, so in love with Sancho Etienne.