Chapter 11 • Farmlands

This will never get old.

Alasdair bent down and planted a soft kiss on his wife's forehead and a smile crept on his face. Not even that cursed Wren could spoil his mood, not while this raven haired beauty was cuddled next to him with her delicate, white hand resting lightly on his bare chest.

As he was pondering his good fortune once again, her Forget-Me-Not eyes fluttered open and she returned his gaze sleepily. As soon as Lily became more awake and aware, her cheeks shone pink.

"Good morning, gorgeous," Alasdair's voice was still thick from sleep and he smirked as he spoke.

"Good morning," Lily whispered with a smile.

"Did ye sleep well?"

Lily bit her lips and her cheeks got even more rosy, no doubt remembering last night. She nodded and started to get up, but Alasdair wasn't ready for that just yet. He pulled her back and quickly threw his leg over her, straddling her hips and pinning her arms by her head.

He loved it when she blushed. She bit her lip again, something she should really stop if they wanted to get out of the bedroom today.

Alasdair bent down and kissed her hungrily. Lily responded almost immediately and Alasdair explored the soft contours of her body, pleased there was no inhibiting clothing. Lily's small hands ran up and down his chest, his arms, and ended up gripping his hair as she arched into his touch. He broke away from her mouth and travelled his kisses down her neck earning a soft moan from her as he nipped her collarbone.

***

"Someone seems exceptionally chipper this morning," a smooth voice drawled as Alasdair entered the dining hall, causing his ecstasy to vanish at an alarming rate. "It does no' have anything to do with a certain bonnie lass you absolutely refused to share last night, does it?"

Alasdair shut his eyes and took a deep breath trying to control his sudden anger and frustration. "I swear, if ye call her bonnie or make any other inappropriate remarks about her or to her one more time, ye will be spending the night in the dungeon."

"I was simply complimenting -"

"She is my wife, Fergus. Back off!" Alasdair growled, cutting him off, seething as he glared at the man, "I may tolerate yer questionable ways with other lasses, but not with my wife."

"And here I thought I was holding back," Fergus commented airily, eyeing him curiously, obviously thinking about something else.

As much as his blood boiled each time his third would remotely flirt with her, Alasdair had to admit Fergus was actually holding back quite a bit with Lily than he normally would with 'bonnie lasses,' but last night was too far. Alasdair's scowl deepened as he thought about it.

"If this is about last night's conversation," Fergus read his thoughts as if it bored him, shrugging as he continued, "I... might have taken it a wee bit too far; I don't usually go that hard at married lasses, too many complications with the jealous, angry husbands, but if that stupid grin ye wore when ye first came down is any indication, I'd say that my plan worked and it was all worth it."

"What plan?" Alasdair asked, instantly weary and suspicious.

"Ye should actually be thanking me, Alasdair," the man's dark eyes danced with mischief.

"Thanking ye?!" Alasdair roared in disbelief. He scoffed before continuing, his voice dangerously low, "Ye flirted shamelessly with my wife right in front of me, in front of family; I ought to be doing a lot of things to ye right now, none of which include expressing thanks!"