XXXII • Bad news at Breakfast

Start from the beginning

She was relieved when she noticed he wore an unbothered expression. Casually chewing on his meal, he grinned when she sat down. "I know why you left." He spoke. Her insides stopped working as she felt her stomach drop down to her toes. Had she been outed, caught? Why was he so calm? She began to panic. "The tension between Colin and myself is too much isn't it?"

Her shoulders hunched in relief. She soon frowned when she had processed his words. He spoke before she had an opportunity to. "He's fourteen, too 'cool' for an older brother now." He grinned as he shook his head. "He'll grow out of it, I went through the same phase." He chuckled.

"Are you staying at Hogsmeade to convince him how awesome you are?" Rory joked, Anthony smiled at her successful attempt to lighten the mood.

"Unfortunately that's a phase he'll just have to grow out of." His face turned sombre. "I happen to have another brother. Denise is twelve" he raised a brow as he cut at his eggs. "I have two years tops until he's fourteen and moody himself." Taking his egg he placed it in his mouth, smiling as he chewed.

"My brothers don't talk to me either." She smiled sombrely, reminiscing on Malachi and Sebastian and how they had refrained from talking to her since their mum died. They always said she was her mothers doppelgänger. "Too cool for me." She brushed it off as a joke before engulfing her bacon in one, ungraceful bite.

Anthony, who was aware of her mothers recent passing noticed the spite that reflected through her hues, made a suggestion. "Perhaps you should try and contact them." He offered her a comforting glance.

She merely shrugged, elbows on the table as she curled into herself. Gripping her neck she turned her head to look outside. Rory's eyes doubled in size when she saw Daphne and her group walking about. She turned back in an attempt to go unnoticed, as much as she loved Daphne, she wasn't at all close with Daphnes chosen friends. The Slytherins often looked down on 'blood traitors' like Aurora.

To her avail, Daphne had spotted her. Smiling brightly, the blonde dressed in designer coats and expensive jewels, entered the three Broomsticks. Pansy from outside had seem to spot a store she wanted to go into and gripped her other friends by their biceps and dragged them along with her.

Internally relived that Daphnes group wouldn't be joining the bubbly Slytherin, Rory smiled at her as she made her way in. Her smile stiffened at the sight of a brunet boy following behind her. Theodore briskly made his way behind the blonde.

Aurora had never really grasped on how tiny Daphne was. The Greengrass witch was a few inches shorter than Aurora, but neither had never really noticed that. Next to Theodore, Daphne resembled a cute... dwarf.

Theodore griped onto Daphne by her shoulders as she led him through the three broomsticks. He resembled a kindergartener forming a human train in the playground at school. His lips were pursed and his hair was a mess on his head, resting just above his eyebrows. He, himself also wore designer coats and shoes, they looked expensive.

"Rory." Daphne sung, as she skipped over. Theodore released Daphne as she pranced. He swiftly glided behind her pushing his hands into his jean pockets.

"Hey Daph." Aurora grinned up at the blonde. Daphne who beamed back down at her spoke again.

"You and me are hanging out later today." She began to lightly run on the spot. "A seventh year asked me out" pausing for a moment she continued "Lorenzo Berkshire." She lowly squealed. "I have to tell you all about it."

Holding onto Rory's hand she gave it a light kiss. Theodore had come to stand behind her, his mouth forming a line. "Rory." He acknowledged.
Huh. Improvement. She thought sarcastically.