XXXI • Armestice

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I'm going to the Wesleys' place. Christmas tradition." Cormac's smile faded as Theo's grew. He didn't look up from his work, but he wasn't actually doing anything, too invested in their conversation.

Cormac hated Theo, and the Slytherin boy revelled because of it. Cormac, like Theodore, often had many lady callers for their 'rendezvous', but Cormac was younger and always a second choice when it came down to a better shag. Girls would gush over Theo but settle for Cormac, both boys knew this. Theodore found it to be amusing, whereas McLaggen found it irritating.

"Oh." He hesitated, clearly his plan hadn't worked out like he'd hoped. "Well, I do need help with my work, do you mind?" He didn't have anything with him but Aurora wouldn't point that out.

"Erm." She awkwardly began to chew on her bottom lip. "I'm actually studying right now." She searched for an excuse to be left alone. "Sorry." she mumbled.

"I've always wanted a study partner." He beamed. She frowned at his irritating persistence.

"She's got a study partner." Theodore spoke. He wasn't facing him but he was grinning vigorously as he predicted the huge frown that had taken over Cormacs features. Turning around, Cormac finally realised that Theo was there.

Aurora rolled her eyes and buried her head into the palm of her hand. She hated how Theodore had taken it to continuously intervening. First with the Higgs asshole, and then with Cormac. She could deal with her issues alone, though she probably would've allowed Cormac to join in as attempt not to upset anyone.

The McLaggen boys face went through a multitude of shades of expressions. Resentment, annoyance, and anger were the most prominent. "What are you doing here?" He leered.

"Like I said, she already has a study partner." Theodore loved the way Cormac's face dropped further. He loved that Cormac knew that meant Aurora was somewhat taken, despite the fact that she wasn't, Theodore didn't even think of that with Aurora, but Cormac did and had been out done, yet again.

"Why would you be chosen for as a study partner?" He raised his chin in an attempt to appear more superior, and even though Theo remained seated he somehow still held the high ground.

He stood up and took place directly in front of Cormac. They were near nose to nose. Both the same height, but Cormac had more muscle, the fact didn't seem to bother Theodore much. "Because I'm just so wonderful." He rasped. He didn't even bother to fight of his grin.

Digging his tongue into his inner cheek, Theodore reached behind him before pulling a book from the shelf. Cormac realised he had been backed up against the shelf. He didn't bother to excuse himself before he ran off.

Theodore lowered his head to contain his beaming expression. Chuckling to himself as he turned around and made his way to the shared desk. Aurora was not impressed, he could see it in her expression.

"Why'd you do that?" She spoke quietly to mask the vile tinge in her tone. She spoke accusingly, because she was. She didn't understand his game play.

"Do what, luv?" He side smiled. She gave him a look that implied she wasn't a moron. He sighed before continuing. "Cormac is a little shit." He chuckled at his words, head thrown back. When he noticed she didn't just mean Cormac he groaned again. "And Terence Higgs is a straight up monstrosity."