XXIX • To reign hell

Start from the beginning

After all, he may've been a git but he was not a monster.

"Terence?" Theodore played off a non caring role, face twisted in disinterested when in reality Theodore was all the more curious. "What brings you here?" He smirked.

The slim snake seemed to only notice Theodore's presence just then, completely taken by surprise, he shrugged. "Ah nothing much." His gaze returned to the Flores girl. He subtly licked his lips as he examined her. Aurora still paying no mind to the conversation taking place before her. "Just wanted to chat up this pretty thing."

Theodore wasn't fully aware of Auroras thoughts, but as he examined her body language he could predict she was extremely uncomfortable. He payed deep attention to the way her back straightened and her ears perked. He didn't like it when he observed the way her eyes shot around the room as though she was thinking up a reasonable excuse to escape.

He spoke on behalf of her. "Well, we're busy." The hair that stood on the back of her neck lowered, and she released a tiny breath. He didn't like her, but never did he plan to make her feel unsafe in a situation like that one.

Terence snorted from behind her. His hand went to rest on the back of her chair but the boy refrained from doing so judging on the raised, judgmental, eyebrow Theodore offered him. "And why exactly are you speaking on behalf of her?"

The smaller boy was quick to speak his words with a rushed and small tone. Theodore owned a family name that radiated fear, Terence would've offered the same respect for Malfoy son but Draco's bratty behaviour was hardly intimidating, Theodore's demeanour demanded cold respect.

"We've been assigned partners for a potion's assignment." He shrugged, carelessly, his voice kept at a steady tone, his calming nature was off putting, something triggered an alarm bell in Terence's head. The moron chose to ignore the warning. Spoiler alert, he should've trusted his intuition.

"Is that right gorgeous?" Terrance placed his palm on the crook of her neck. The two boys stared at one another, no nasty looks were shared but they both knew the other meant trouble, too busy asserting their own forms of dominance, they both failed to notice Auroras face flush bright red. It was not a blush.

"You don't trust me Higgs?" Theodore played mocking offence, an amused tone disguising the malice that ran through his vocals. "We." He gestured to himself and Aurora. "Best get our work done, if you would please allow us some space."

The snake had another idea hidden up his grimy sleeve. "But how could I Nott?" An ugly grin forming. "Not when she has an arse like this."

Theodore's foe friendliness faded at the boys comeback. The athletically built Slytherin had completely forgotten about his words said months prior. He was then coming off as a bit of a hypocrite, Terrance knew that and beamed in triumph.

"You know Theodore." He turned to face the floor, his grin sticking to him as he licked his lips yet again. "You were right when you said her arse looked nice."

His hand still held a firm grip on Auroras shoulder. The girl before them, had been engulfed in a blanket of vicious fury. For days it had been dancing by the edge threatening to spill. For years Aurora had become a professional at holding her emotions and keeping them at bay.

But as the conversation progressed, so did her temperature. Her breaths had become slow heaves by that point and her entire body had become clenched and ready to release hell. She clamped her eyes shut as tightly as she could, her entire face grew shrivelled she didn't even care how she looked by that point.