XXVI • Repeated Mistakes

Start from the beginning

"You know what I think." Anthony sighed, taking a large sip of alcohol. He too hadn't touched anything in weeks and welcomed the state of relaxation with open arms. He was no alcoholic, but he would be lying if he were to say the experience wasn't enjoyable.

"What?" Aurora shrugged.

"You like him." He smiled widely.

Rory, within moments began a coughing fit right there before her chocking exchanged into laughter at the ridiculous idea. "No no no." She mumbled "No." her word was stern that time.

"Yes yes yes." Anthony nodded along, chuckling as he kept his gaze on the bench before him.

"I swear I hold absolutely no romantic opinions, for Theodore Nott, whatsoever." She turned to look at him, as Anthony raised a brow she deemed it necessary to prove her point further. "He's rude, narcissistic, way too ambitious and oh, here's a good one, he hates my guts."

Anthony chuckled again, she joined in on his laughter that time. "You don't get it Rory." Her face twisted into a look of confusion, eager for him to continue. "Fine." He sighed in defeat. "If you don't like him." A quick mischievous smile shot on his face and before Aurora could notice he spoke. "Then he likes you."

She stopped in her movements. He waited for her to respond to do anything, really. He didn't expect more laughter to stem from her chest, but that was the case. He sat there with a frown, what had he said?

"Me?" Aurora cackled. "No Anthony, you don't get it, he doesn't do that, he is a literal asshole. Trust me." She sighed nodding off for no particular reason.

"How can you be so sure what goes through his head?" He debated.

She had a strong opposing argument. "How do you know what goes through his head." His mouth formed into a line as he gave her a perplexed glance. "You see, he is a pure blood supremacist." That got Anthony to frown. "And he despises me for not being one, all of them do."

"Who do?"

She almost replied 'the Slytherins excluding the Greengrass family', but that would've given her away so instead she said. "His crowd." She shrugged. "The insanely rich and wealthy. The wizards who grew up bathing in pure gold. The crowd who believes they're better than everyone else"

Her strong statement didn't prevent the joke Anthony shared. "Rich you say?" He chuckled. "Who cares about personality then?" That made her laugh loudly.

Soon their laughter dwindled and with it, their rational thinking abilities. For the next thing Aurora knew. Their lips had moulded into one another.

Sober Rory sighed and slapped her head as she witnessed that, but she didn't have a say in the current predicament, for intoxicated Rory was a force to be reckoned with and shouldn't have been given the wheel, but she was, and there they were, her tongue down his throat with bad ideas on her mind.

She grabbed his hand before rushing out of the building and away from the public eye. She ran through the darkened streets of Hogsmeade with a smile, hands intertwined. She found that was her favourite part of their nights together, the most wholesome.

Any cute, heartfelt moments were drowned out as she found herself slammed against his door yet again with her hands buried in his hair. She was too busy thinking of other things by that point.

Her behind rubbed against the wooden barrier, from the hallway of the Inn the the sanctuary of privacy. Her fingers played with the loose strands of his hair, twirling with his locks and tugging playfully. His hands were placed on either side of her waist, digging his fingers deep into her skin.