XII • Half the angel

Start from the beginning

Hermione and Ginny attempted to sway Rory into re jointing the team but Rory insisted that Ginny would be a much better chaser. Although Rory was good, there was no doubt Ginny was a true natural. Rory's skill had been maintained by years of training and dedication to the sport.

Although Rory believed Ginny was the better player, which in all honesty she was, Rory fared better at the tactic and strategy planning. Ginny would often ask Rory for a few tips about her technique or game plan. Suffice to say the girls worked well together off the pitch. One could only imagine how great they would be together.

As the conversation of Quidditch wore out, Rory and Hermione spoke about Hermiones upcoming owl exams. Rory had done well, she had no doubt that Hermione would too but the younger girl often found herself stressing over exams and such, no matter the high chances that she would pass with flying colours.

Ginny didn't seem to care too much for the new topic of conversation, she would occasionally impact the chat or try to sway it to be more entertaining, but Hermione was too eager to do exceptionally well, she believed with the guide of Rory nothing could go wrong.

As the ginger, bored, played with the sugar packets. The older of the three began to elaborate on the OWLs. She also believed Ginny would do well, as long as she didn't pay the same amount of attention in class as she was doing currently, then she'd be excellent.

After a good ten minutes or so, Ginny expertly, switched the conversation over to the current situation of Crookshangs, Hermiones cat. Clearly the Weasley sister would rather talk about the well-being of a cat rather than her education. So, Rory allowed Gin to steer the conversation as she pleased.

While Aurora was no longer paying attention her eyes strayed over to the table a few seats ahead of her, there sat that man. That deviously handsome stranger.

She couldn't help but notice almost every little detail about him. Clearly she was attracted to him, there was no doubt there. But something about him reminded Aurora of someone. It was probably the eyes, or maybe the way he held himself. He was effortlessly charming and she could tell he held the traits of a witty personality just by the way he pronounced his words, who did she know fit that description also?

She pulled her gaze off of his back and to the window outside. Standing across the street was Theodore Nott. She decided that day that she didn't like him. Not one trait -

Wait a minute.

She looked back at the stranger and then to him, and back again and so forth. Oh. They were carbon copies of each other just by their physical appearance. Both possessed light brown messy locks, with blue, downturned eyes, and both had tanned skin partnered with identical sun kissed cheeks.

What scared Rory most, was that it wasn't only their appearance that matched but their mannerism also. Careless, charming... witty.

She was slightly disturbed by this connection. Was the stranger likely an asshole too? Probably. If she was attracted to one, could she just as easily be attracted to the other? Definitely not. Perhaps the stranger was just a lovely fine chap, who happened to hold identical features and traits to another handsome boy who happened to be a dickhead. Sounds reasonable enough. So that's what she decided.

She was attracted to the mere unimportant but alluring parts of them. The outer appearance. What truely mattered was what was on the inside of people. Whatever was on the inside of Theodore had clearly been a turn off, because whatever charming, beautiful features he possessed was drowned out by the rude, inappropriate and ghastly personality that he had.

This random stranger had reeled her in soley based on the act of chivalry and kindness he had presented her with when they had first interacted. That was it. She couldn't be attracted to Nott. That was utter poppycock.