"Well, technically it's a quarter for both. Maybe? We're not completely sure just what you are... Your mother is half and half - obviously - but you could be part human from your dad," Chloe explained patiently.

Remy rubbed his face, wondering just why Chloe kept going. This obviously wasn't working. His wolf whined, upset that Nadia didn't believe them. He was pushing for Remy to show her the truth. For once in the last few days, Remy was in complete agreement with him.

"Come on," he said, walking up to Nadia and gently taking her arm.

"Oh, are you going to show me now?" she asked cheerfully, though it bordered on delirious, as he led her through the cabin.

"Yes," he said firmly, pushing open the front door.

"This should be fun," Nadia said dryly.

Remy sighed as he let go of her arm and walked a few feet away. He turned around and pulled off his t-shirt. Immediately, Nadia's eyebrows rose and she looked away, her mouth snapping shut. He could tell that she didn't actually want to look away. Remy smirked slightly, though quickly pushed down the obvious pleasure he took in the fact that she struggled to keep her eyes off him.

He was supposed to be serious right now. Something he reminded his wolf.

He continued on, tossing his shirt to the ground and then kicking off his boots, followed by pulling off his socks. He could hear Nadia trying to cover her chuckles, but that abruptly stopped when he undid his jeans and yanked them down, pulling his boxers too.

When he stood, now completely naked, Nadia was blushing furiously as she kept her eyes trained on his face.

"Just... don't be scared, okay?" he said.

Nadia didn't say anything, so he took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"Time to do your thing," he told his wolf. He got a happy yip in response.

As he slowly breathed in and out, Remy let go of his control and his wolf surged forward. In the span of a few seconds, he was on all fours, copper fur sprouting out over his body as his bones cracked loudly while they rearranged themselves. Shifting had been slow and painful the first few times he did it, but by now, he didn't have to think about it at all. Felt nothing but a slight irritation that quickly passed.

When he looked back up, he was seeing Nadia through his wolf's eyes. He zeroed in on the tension in her body. How her mouth was gaping as the color drained from her face. Chloe and Tate stood behind her on the front porch, both giving her space. His wolf took a cautious step in her direction, causing Nadia to shuffle back, nearly falling over in the process.

"Holy shit," she gasped.

She blinked a few times, then rubbed her eyes. When she looked back at him, her heart rate picked up and he could smell her fear. He whined, not wanting her to be afraid of him. They were mates. Meant to be together. But even his wolf knew not to push things.

Instead of advancing any further, he dropped down to the ground, placing his head on his paws in an attempt to look as harmless as possible. Which probably wasn't much to Nadia, considering he had just turned into a wolf that was roughly the size of a pony.

Time slowed as they remained still, Remy waiting for Nadia to make a move towards him. She never looked away, only studied him as the expression on her face shifted into something he wasn't expecting. It almost looked like she recognized him from somewhere, which couldn't be right. He had been careful to stay in the trees anytime he had come near her house.

Hope bloomed in his chest as his wolf wagged his tail, both encouraged by the fact that she hadn't run yet. She shifted a foot forward, but stopped, her hands clenching into fists. No one said a word or did anything, all of them understanding that it could make her even more skittish.