XLVIII- Prophecies ruin lives

Start from the beginning

"Well," Dumbledore spoke again. "Harry, Anna, I believe you two will be glad to hear that none of your friends were too greatly hurt."

"Good," I spoke, seeing how Harry couldn't speak.

"I should also tell you that Sirius is not dead."

"What?"

Harry looked up to Dumbledore with wide eyes full of hope.

"The spell Bellatrix hit him with caused some great damage however and he has to stay at St-Mungo's for a while."

"They accepted to help heal him?" I asked with a weak voice.

"They don't really have a choice. We will be working greatly to give him the pardon he deserves and prove his innocence."

"Oh thank god," I whispered. "Did someone warn Remus?"

"It is being done at this instant, Miss Potter."

I glanced at Harry who looked like he was about to burst out crying. "So... I didn't kill him?"

"No, of course not."

He started crying and I put my arms around him, pulling him towards me. I passed my hand through his hair, knowing that always calmed him down.

"Madam Pomfrey is working to fix everyone up at the moment. Nymphadora Tonks will have to go to St-Mungo's as well, but she will be just fine. I know how troubled and Gueilty the two of you nust feel, but you must know that none of this is your fault."

"Not my fault?" Harry asked, pulling away from me. "Not my fault?! That's such bullshit! I put everyone in danger because I believed a fucking dream!"

"Harry-"

"I understand how you feel, Harry," Dumbledore said.

"BULLSHIT! YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL!"

He grabbed something from Dumbledore's desk and threw it against the wall. It shattered in a loud noise and I flinched. What was he doing?

"THIS IS ALL MY FAULT! RON, HERMIONE, GINNY, LUNA, NEVILLE, THEY'RE ALL HURT BECAUSE OF ME! " He threw the table on the floor and its feet went flying.

This time, Dumbledore noticed me flinching. Harry walked to the door and tried to open it.

"Let me out."

"No."

"Let me out."

"No."

"If you, if you lock me here..."

"If it makes you feel better, I'll let you destroy more objects once your sister left. I have too many anyways," he said. I felt my cheeks heat up, embarrassed that he had seen me flinch.

Harry looked at me and I saw in his eyes that he was sorry.

"You have me and only me to blame for all of this. If I had been more honest with you from the start, which I should've been, you would've known that Voldemort would try everything in his power to get you there and you wouldn't have fallen into the trap he made for you last night." He looked at Harry. "Please sit."

Harry did. He sat down next to me and held out his hand. I grabbed it.

"Harry, I owe you an explanation. About the mistakes of an old man. I see now that what I did, or didn't do, is due to the lack present in age. The youth cannot know what I think and feel with old age. Old men become guilty when they forget they were once young too. And I'm afraid I forgot for a while there."

The sun started to rise and the light shone in the room. It was comforting. We had all made it. I hadn't lost anyone.

"Fifteen years ago, when I saw your scar, I guessed what it meant. I guessed it might be a sign of a link between you and Voldemort."