Chapter 7

A/n: Kind of random but are we just not gonna talk about how Steve is pulling all the men in St? Like Tommy H's actor said he thought Tommy had a crush on Steve, Joe Quinn said he played Eddie to have a crush on Steve multiple times, we all know Billy and Steve had a lil something something, Jonathan and Steve are apparently a ship, do I need to go on? Steve ain't getting bitches but he do be pulling all the men💀

Billy watched Cassie as she kissed some random dude from the basketball team.

He rolled his eyes and turned his back to her, going back to the dumb conversation his friends were having.

He interupted them. "I'm going out for a smoke." He said, lying just a tiny bit.

Billy walked over to Cassie and the dude, he knew that guy. "Hey Jack, my man. You coming for a smoke?" He asked, obviously just done with Jack sticking his tongue down Cassie's throat.

That girl was confusing him, kissing him at a party and then acting like he didn't exist. He didn't like girls that fucked with his feelings, and Cassie was doing just that.

Billy wouldn't say he had a crush on her, that's for sure, he just found himself oddly attracted to her.

However, he knew she hated him and went out of his way as much as she could. And at this point, Billy couldn't even blame her.

Jack stopped his train of thought. "Uh, yeah sure." He said, sounding confused.

Cassie pushed herself away from the wall, standing up straight. "I'll come too." She said, making Billy groan internally.

He had wanted to separate her and Jack and now she was coming along. But, he nonetheless smirked at her. "Can't miss out on an opportunity to see me eh?" He asked.

Cassie rolled her eyes. "No, you just rudely interupted the perfectly fine make out session I was having with Jack here, so why wouldn't I come with you guys?" She said, signature lopsided smirk on her face.

Billy rolled his eyes back at her but kept quiet. Jack laughed and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "That's my girl." He said.

Cassie laughed along but bit the inside of her cheek, she didn't want to be his girlfriend, she wanted the distraction from Billy he offered.

Ever since she kissed him at that party, she couldn't stop thinking about that moment. About the way his hands immediately found her waist, about the way his lips moved against hers, letting the smoke escape from his mouth.

God she needed that cigarette.

\^/

The doorbell rang, but Cassie didn't hear it because Rainbow in the dark by Dio was playing at full volume.

She was doing a stick and poke on her upper thigh, a cigarette sat between her lips.

It was a few lightning bolts, like you see in the sky when the thunder storm is really close. The words 'ride the lightning' were written over it in bold letters, in honor of Metallica's new album, ride the lightning.