𝟎𝟏𝟎 || A broken thumb away from freedom

Start from the beginning

Maybe you would die or maybe send back to your original world any second — you couldn't tell.

And besides that, you would get a literal heart attack if anyone ever came so close to you again. And then you'd die for sure.

Once you closed the lid of the container again, you took note of a figure not far from you, coming your way as it didn't took long till the moonlight illuminated their figure, making them visible to you.

"Tomo?" You asked, wondering what the male was doing near Inazuma city when he should have been at watatsumi island with the others. "What are you doing here?"

He smiled as he came closer, though you could tell that his strained lips were out of place and hiding another emotion behind that facade.

"There is something I need to do here," he answered, standing right in front of you, "I just wanted to speak to you first" rubbing the back of his head, you weren't sure what exactly his plan was, although you had a really bad feeling about it.

"I've been searching for you for at least an hour now haha but I'm glad that I found you" he laughed, placing one hand on your shoulder, "while I'm gone, will you do me the favor and take care of Kazuha in the meantime?"

"What are you talking about? How long do you even intend on staying here?" You mind was filled with questions, not understanding the male's intention as he smiled at you.

"Just make sure he follow his dreams. And the same goes for you, don't make reckless decisions" he ignored your questions, saying all those things as if he hadn't heard your words.

And then it finally clicked.

He was about to face the Shogun.

"Wait a second! You're not gonna tell me to do something reckless and then do something reckless yourself! That's not how things are working!" You exclaimed, not wanting Tomo to go that soon.

You knew that he faced Raiden pretty early after the vision hunt decree was official, though you hoped that the day would never come, let alone this shortly after you had only met him.

Chuckling lightly, the blonde knew that you had figured him out, embracing you in a hug and causing you to shut up for a second.

"You're a good person and an amazing friend,
[ y/n ]" was all he said when he retreated again, giving you a short kiss on the temple and muttering a small 'sorry' before turning around and leaving.

You stood frozen in spot for a moment before the determination of following and stopping Tomo overcame you, causing you to rush behind him — or at least you tried to. And you would have succeeded if it was not for you to be held back by something.

Confused, you looked at your wrist and only then noticed that Tomo had just handcuffed you to the wooden construction of the well. "Wha— Tomo where the heck did you even get those?!" You called behind him, not even caring if you woke up any of the villagers in the houses nearby.

"Come back here! You can't go now!" You yelled, desperately wanting the male to stop in his tracks, overthink his plan and come back, "DONT YOU DARE GET KILLED!"

"AND YOU CAN'T JUST MAKE ME RESPONSIBLE FOR ANOTHER HUMAN BEING!" You called, referring to him saying you should take care of Kazuha, "THAT'S THE WORST IDEA YOU EVER HAD! I CAN'T EVEN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF! WE'RE GONNA END UP IN HEAVEN BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN FACE THAT DAMN GOD"

You tried to rip the handcuffs off, pulling your arm with all the might you had, though they obviously were to small for your hand to fit through and you didn't felt like breaking your fingers in that moment, although you were tempted to do that in terms of escaping.

"TOMO COME BACK!"

Tears started to form in your eyes and you couldn't even tell if it was due to the pain on your wrist for pulling it that forcefully against the steel, or because of your desperation to get Tomo to stop.

But the blonde didn't even looked back. He continued on his way, slowly but surely getting out of sight.

"Don't leave" you mumbled, stopping for a single moment as you stared in the distance with wide eyes.

Gritting your teeth, you started to pull yourself away from the well yet again, knowing that it might be to no use but doing nothing sounded a lot crueler.

Kicking the wood that the handcuffs were attached to, you tried to break it, though that try proved to be as fruitless as anything else and it just wouldn't crack.

"Ok goddamnit, I'm gonna break my thumb" you said to yourself, leaning against the well with one hand in the other, your fingers against your thumb that was cuffed and trying to get the courage to break it. But you weren't sure if it would even fit through the metal cuffs even with your thumb making your hand smaller when broken — and besides that, the thought of the pain alone was unbearable.

"Ok [ y/n ], you got that, just break that damn finger and save your friend!"