XI • Dumbledores Army

Start from the beginning

They didn't say anything during the class that morning, they wrote their notes and did what was required of them, nothing else. She half expected him to bring up his comments on her bum again or to tease her about her attitude.

The moment professor Snape allowed the class to leave, everyone in the room began to diverse almost instantly. Rory, who had been one of the slowest to pack up due to her scattered quills and notes, heard Theodore speak.

"So, no feisty remark today Flores?" She froze. She guessed her would bring up her attitude.

"There's nothing to bicker about." She acted dumb. She wasn't going to converse with him. She was furious and didn't want to snap at him.

He tilted his head to the left in question. "No? I would've figured you'd have a go at me." She slowly shook her head. It appeared he had nothing else to say so she picked up her final things and left not before over hearing him mutter to himself, "Of course not."

What was his problem with her? The mere thought of him began to irritate her. How dare he. He constantly looked for opportunities to bicker with her, embarrass her, antagonise her for no reason at all. She barely knew him and he seemed awfully dedicated to infuriating her.

But in a Rory like fashion she cast away those opinions in order to keep the peace. So instead of complaining about him further she thought of more pressing matters.

That afternoon was the first Hogsmeade visit of the year. She practically went every Thursday all of last year, thrilled to interact with all of the wizard and witch folk, sometimes even the occasional muggle who knew of the existence of magic.

Although she was exited to treat herself to a butter beer at the Three broomsticks, that afternoon Harry had asked of around thirty students, including herself, of Hogwarts to meet with him at the hogshead.

She didn't like that place, it all was rusty and filthy, but Harry seemed rather eager to have a chat with them at that particular location, so she would tolerate the place for the afternoon. Besides, it was extremely isolated, whatever it was the golden trio needed discuss she assumed it was to be enthralling.

After the remainder of her classes for that day finally came to an end, she made her way to hogs head. Hands in her coat pockets and her nose buried into her scarf which sat under her chin, to keep warm. She kicked the dirt under her feat and hummed a cheery tune. She'd arrive at her destination in no less than five minutes.

The day had been rather uneventful except for her odd encounter with Theodore Nott, but Rory had noticed a pattern, all of her encounters with him were odd. Don't get her wrong he was a charming, beautiful piece of work, but he was also a real pain in the arse.

She lifted her gaze to the upcoming building, there she spotted the hogs head inn. It was still... hideous. But she mustn't judge it, she thought.

The one roomed building was warm when she stepped inside, there was a fire place lit and the bodies of about forty kids all snug together. Although geographically, it was heated, the atmosphere felt colder than ever.

Harry stood at the front of the room, Hermione and Ron on either side of him. He was clearly finding it difficult to start the conversation. Harry had always been socially awkward, it was sad to watch.

When the bell rang as Rory opened the door almost all eyes fell to her. Most of the people in the room visibly relaxed, specifically Harry. His shoulders slumped and a thankful smile grew.

When all the faces turned back to him she gave him a small thumbs up gesture. He continued with his speech. "Facing this stuff in real life is not like school." He took in a deep breath, clearly he was about to grace them with a monologue.