Chapter thirty four

Start from the beginning

"So you're delirious in the mornings, got it."

"Pardon me?" Kol's voice deepened further, words coated with genuine shock—Sienna had to fight to not shiver in delight, "Mad I very well might be, darling, but even a mad man such as myself can see how fucking beautiful you really are. The rest of world pales in comparison."

"I—"

"You are so much more than beautiful." Kol's brows furrowed softly, voice deep and true as his fingers stroked patterns into the bare skin of her waist. "You're—you're like the sun, all eyes are instantly drawn to you and even if they were to look away. . you're presence could be felt, anywhere. You shine that brightly, that beautifully."

"Well—I was gonna agree with you anyway. ."

"Hm, you will find that I am correct all of the time, darling." Frown lines disappeared into smile lines as a boyish grin, lined with sleep pulled up his lips.

A soft silence fell upon them, the gentle tune of chirping birds singing a comforting song for their ears—Sienna's mind was practically taking part in its own parkour course as it jumped and leaped to come to a decision on how to approach the topic she had in mind.

"If I was to, like, agree to this soulmate thing—"

"Yes." Kol immediately shot up slightly, his wide and eager as his lifeless heart pounded pathetically fast.

"Do I. . have to do anything?"

"What, no." Kol instantly soothed down her worries, one firm hand in a strong grip on her hip and the other coming up to twirl and fiddle with her hair. "That's not how it works, darling. You don't have to do anything, never would i—we make you do anything you don't want to. The bond will feel natural, you can take it at whatever pace makes you happy—because that is all that we want, for you to be happy."

"You're really sweet." Sienna said softly after a moment, looking up to meet his gaze from under her lashes, a genuine smile at her face. Said smile widened as his face turned bashful, high cheekbones taking a light pink hue even as he refused to break eye contact.

"And you look so sweet I could eat you, my darling." His voice held a faint growl that almost made her shudder. "But I won't," Kol continued on softer as he twirled a strand of her hair around his pointer finger, "not unless you ask."

"And if I asked you to put your hands back on my waist?"

"I would," Kol nodded mischievously as a smirk twirled his lips upwards and his brown eyes shon devilishly, "if you said please."

"Would you put your hands back on my waist. ." Sienna asked, a soft grin with no good intentions behind it at her plush reddened lips, she brought up one of her hands and trailed manicured nails down his muscular chest—watching as his eyes stayed glued to the movement, she used her free hand to lift his face back to watch her, "please."

He did so instantaneously.

Kol swore he heard a mumble of good boy into his chest as the love of his life curled up into him again, and even if he wasn't certain, his heart still stuttered all the same. Settling for pulling her body completely flush against his own, head buried into the crook of her neck and inhaling her scent that left butterflies tingling and taunting his insides as his hands trailed over the curves of her body he already loved.