Chapter fourteen

14. TAKE MY LOVE WITH YOU

Olivia smiled serenely as she closed the oven door, having shoved a pizza carefully inside the oven moments prior —she was craving pizza and it was just her luck that they actually had some

"What are you making?" A soft voice made Olivia jump in surprise as she swivelled around to look at who spoke, it was Freya.

"Pizza." Olivia grinned excitedly at the thought of pizza, a floaty dreamy look in her chocolate brown eyes : Freya felt a swarm of flustered butterflies scamper around her stomach at the sight of that smile upon Olivia's features. Now Freya was far from dumb, but romantic feelings weren't necessarily her strong suit however she was actively aware of her perhaps blossoming feelings for Olivia in a non platonic way though she didn't act on it.

"What kind?" Freya countered, trying to remove her thoughts from the butterflies in her stomach as a teasing smile titled at her lips.

"Margherita, obviously." Olivia replied immediately, a uncharacteristically timid flush rising to her skin as Freya stepped forward a few steps towards her.

"I enjoy pepperoni as well." Freya mumbled thoughtfully —one of the things she'd enjoyed from this new century was the different food options and while they were evidently less healthy to food from back in the day, it was more enjoyable. Some of her favourites were jam donuts, ice cream (vanilla) and pizza.

"Yeah it's a good flavour.." Olivia breathed out, barely focusing on the subject as she pushed herself up onto the counter and Freya kept on walking until she stood just in front of Olivia's thighs.

Freya smiled lightly, tracing a gentle finger up Olivia's thigh and smirked secretly when she heard the other blonde's sharp intake of breath.

Gently parting Olivia's thighs, Freya then stepped in between them and on instinct Olivia's legs closed around her torso —the both of them stood intently gazing into each other's eyes.

"Have I told you how pretty you are?" Freya murmured to her with a surge of confidence, running her thumb over Olivia's jaw all the way to her bottom lip with a tenderness that severely differed from the passionate look in her eyes.

"No but I wouldn't mind hearing it more often." Olivia responded at the same level of volume with a small smirk, playing off the rapid beating of her heart.

"You have yourself a deal." Freya grinned back — her hands coming to rest at the top of Olivia's thighs ,which were covered with an oversized graphic t-shirt, and rubbing in a repeating circular motion almost absentmindedly.

Olivia looked down at Freya's lips.

Freya looked down at Olivia's lips.

And then...

Then the oven dinged.

The two girls jumped apart faster than Gen Z running to psychopathic fictional characters, their eyes flickering around the kitchen with clearly flustered expressions.

Olivia quickly jumped down and opened up the oven, taken the oven mitts and using them to get out the now cooked pizza. Quietly placing it on the counter and preparing it.

Freya's heart was almost leaving her ribcage with how fast it was beating as she looked at Olivia's casual expression and stance as she cut herself some pizza — did that not mean anything to her? did she do that will a load of other girls? what does this mean? does she have feelings for me? should we just act like this never happened? Questions upon questions were flowing through Freya's head.

"We should do that again sometime.. but maybe actually kiss next time. If you're up for it." Freya's head snapped up towards Olivia's voice, the blonde merely sparing her a cheeky wink before waking out of the kitchen with her pizza.

Freya blew out a uneven breath.

Yeah, okay, she definitely had feelings for Olivia. That much was obvious.

• • •

Meanwhile, Sienna pouted as she looked between her shoe options. Not being able to decide which ones to wear with her outfit for the day.

She had decided to go and meet the big bag hybrid (well, soon to be hybrid) all on her own as to not put Olivia in any kind of danger. She had requested their first meet to be in an amusement park just for fun. It'd be amusing to see Klaus play hook a duck or go on bumper cars with him.

Eventually settling for her combat boots to accompany her outfit : black cargo pants with a suitable belt, a white silk corset top, a bucket hat and some jewellery — she nodded to herself before quietly exiting her room.

"Where are you going?" Enzo questioned in suspicion as she inconspicuously trailed down the stairs, placing his cup of coffee on the coffee table and turning properly to face her.

Sienna jumped and spun around to see Enzo giving her the Mom-look, though she'd never gotten it seeing as her mother literally didn't care in the slightest about her or what she did with her life.

"To an amusement park." Sienna replied vaguely, sending the vampire a side smirk before continuing out through the door disregarding Enzo's rather loud huff of confusion.

She honestly couldn't wait to meet Klaus Mikaelson, of all people. She was rightfully (in her opinion) excited.