FOUR

The call was answered after the second ring.

    "Hello?" Came a voice from the other side.

    I pursed my lips upon hearing the deep baritone.

    "Umm, hello. Am I speaking with the person who bought me coffee?" I ask softly, picking the loose threads on my blanket.

    A chuckle came from the other side of the phone, "you really don't know who I am, do you?"

    A frown marred my features, "HOW would I know who you are? I've never met you before." I deadpan.

    "Are you sure? Do you need clues?" The voice came again teasingly.

    "Seriously? Clues? Are you a lunatic? A killer?"

    "Wrong Averil. If you really are curious then meet me at the coffee shop at noon."

    I angrily cut the call.

»»»»»»

    I had cut the call shortly and regretted my decision, so here I was, standing in front of Carlos Peirres once more after a hectic day at the filming site.

    I was beady eyed at the filming site, looking for any suspiciously familiar face but I didn't see any. For sometime, I wondered who the directors nephew was.

    I sighed and pushed open the door, allowing the warm smell to welcome me.

    "Madeline." I acknowledged once I was at the counter.

    She smiled warmly, "You are back again."

    "I'm here to meet the mysterious coffee buyer." I announce quietly.

   "Oh right. He left you his number and you called him, right?"

    I nodded, "He should soon be here, that is if he want to really come, you should look out for me."

   She nodded, "Have fun with prince charming."

    I rolled my eyes and went to sit at a booth, waiting impatiently.

    Half an hour later, my knee was restless and bobbing up and down. I huffed and checked the time again, my eyes roaming the shop every now and then.

   A chair scrapping in front of me got my attention and I looked up from my phone. I was shocked to say the least.

    "Edward?" I remember that that was what he told me as his name, my thought went back to the E written in the ending of the letter.

    He smiled cheerily, "Now you remember huh?"

    How could I forget the only neighbor they had been pestering my life ever since he moved in at the condominium to stay as a medical practitioner?

    I think he described it as love at first sight, I was dating Andrew then. But how did he get involved with all of this?

    "H-how?" I asked, confused.

    "Remember the directors nephew? You can tell me who he is."

     I kept silent as he spoke, the pieces were forming together.

    "Let's just say that I kept tabs of you ever since I fell in love. You should never gotten a job with my uncle if it weren't for my recommendation." He says, leaning into his sit.

    "You are crazy." I said, shaking my head incredulously.

    "Is that your own way of thank you?" He asked, frowning.

    "What do you want from me?"

    "Simple, your love." He looked earnest.

     I stared at him intensely, he was just as Madeline described, who wouldn't want to have him as a boyfriend?

    "I would help you secure your job. Just try me out."

    "I have your word that if it doesn't work we can separate and you wouldn't latch on?" I asked cautiously.

    "I promise." He held his hand over his heart.

    "It's settled then, boyfriend."

><><><

Word count: 576