Entertainment District Espionage

(y/n)'s POV

Whoa...

I'm simply at a loss for words. This district is bustling with activity. I've never seen an atmosphere like this before.

"Now listen up." Uzui says. "This place is big, and you can easily get lost. So stick with me and don't get distracted."

"Bit too late for that." I say.

"What?" Uzui replies, looking back at me.

Zenitsu and Inosuke have already been engulfed by the activity of the district. Separated from us.

Uzui wastes no time and quickly tracks them down, wrangling them like sheep.

When the group is back together, Uzui leads us to a hotel of sorts. And into a room, where he begins to talk about our mission.

To summarize our debriefing, Uzui has 3 wives (Zenitsu didn't like that), and they've been gathering and feeding intel to the Corps about a strong demon in this area. Uzui explained that this demon is most likely a member of the Twelve Kizuki.

He then brings us to our mission. He says that his wives haven't been sending their regularly scheduled intel, and he worries that they've been caught. So we're supposed to infiltrate the 3 main courtesan houses that Uzui sent his wives to, and to find clues about their whereabouts.

"So, you three." Uzui says, pointing to Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke. "You'll be disguised and 'sold' to these houses to gather clues."

"Wait, what about me?" I ask, realizing he never pointed to me.

"I don't need more than one person at each house, it would be a waste of manpower and time. You'll be searching the entire district with me." Uzui says.

Later...

Uzui finally is done, having sneaked Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke into their respective courtesan houses, he discards the clothes he's been using to disguise himself in and jumps onto a roof in his signature battle attire.

"So, (y/n), I've heard about your battle on that train, you know, that one." Uzui says, surveying the district.

"Oh... what about it?" I say, not wanting to remember to ordeal I went through.

"A few days ago, Shinobu told all the Hashira about a time you told her of your ability to clone yourself. Is that true?" Uzui says. "If it is, it'd be helpful for surveying a large area right about now."

"Oh, that." I reply. "Lady Shinobu does know about that technique, but I can't use it right now."

"Why not?" Uzui asks. "Using it would exponentially decrease our search time."

"Well, Shinobu told me that using the technique doesn't technically 'create' a clone of me, it just speeds up my own cells' ability to duplicate and uses all those extra cells to form another version of me." I explain.

"Okay. But that doesn't explain why you can't use it." Uzui says.

"I was getting to that." I reply. "You see, because some cells in the body are not meant to duplicate, either at all or at the rate the technique forces it to, it ultimately could just destroy the cells' energy supply and the cell itself."

I pause and take a deep breath, and Uzui seems to get where I'm going. 

"Take my spinal cord cells for example, they're never meant to duplicate again after finishing growing, but since I forced them to, now the energy of that cell has been decreased to critical levels. So now I risk losing that cell, and risk being paralyzed."