The 9 Pillars: Highest Ranking Combatants

(y/n)'s POV

I'm being carried... Where am I being taken?

Oh right, it's been a couple hours since I blacked out to my injures. Last thing I remember is seeing Tanjiro wounded as well.

I'm suddenly jolted awake from my half-conscious state after being thrown roughly onto the ground. On impulse, I try to get up, only to find out my arms have been tied behind my back.

"What the hell-" I say.

"Shush! Keep your head low!" Someone says to me.

I recognize the man by his attire, he's a Kakushi, one of the Demon Slayer Corp 'assistants', as some people call them.

"You're in the presence of the Hashira!" He then tells me, fear in every word. "One wrong move and you're dead!"

I sit up to the best of my abilities and see 9 figures in front of me. I notice Shinobu and the swordsman from Natagumo Mountain among them. Among them are 7 figures I don't recognize.

I also notice Tanjiro next to me. His hands are tied in a similar way to mine. He groggily wakes up and is immediately told to also keep his head low as well.

The Hashira start talking among themselves as to what our fate should be.

"I think they should be executed!" A bright-haired man loudly proclaims. "What both of them did violates what the Demon Slayer Corp does!"

"I agree." Another Hashira, who's dressed in a very, well... flamboyant manner, states. "But I shall kill them flamboyantly."

"B-But, should we really kill these 2 children?" A pink haired girl shyly says.

She mutters something about "adorable" but I couldn't hear anything else.

The Hashira continue to talk to each other, I overhear the swordsman at Natagumo Mountain is Giyuu, the Water Hashira. Other than that, I don't pay much attention. I do listen to Tanjiro's defense testimony about his past with Nezuko, but that's pretty much it. I let my mind wander after that.

Suddenly, a white-haired Hashira covered in scars snatches a wooden box next to Tanjiro. Tanjiro is visibly angered by this action and yells at him to give it back. I snap back to reality at the sudden move.

"Your claim is a total delusion." The white haired Hashira says. "A demon is a demon, and nothing can change that."

 Shinobu suddenly stands up, furious at the Hashira.

"Don't step out of line Sanemi." Shinobu says.

"Me? Step out of line?" Sanemi says mockingly. "I'm doing what the Demon Slayer Corps is meant to do! Kill demons!"

Sanemi then draws his sword and stabs the box.

It's at that moment Tanjiro snaps.

"Stop it!" Tanjiro says, getting up.

However another Hashira who was sitting on a nearby tree with a covering over his mouth, pins Tanjiro down to the ground with his elbow.

"Don't move." He says in a cold voice. "Any attempt to use Total Concentration Breathing in this state will cause your lungs to rupture."

Angered by this too, I also get up in fury.

"If you don't stop by yourself, like a reasonable Demon Slayer Hashira, I'll have to intervene myself!" I loudly shout at him.

"Calm down (y/n)!" Shinobu says. "You're injured, if you try to use Total Concentration Breathing you could lose consciousness or worse! Don't try it!"

"Go ahead!" Sanemi says, completely ignoring Shinobu's pleas. "I'd like to see you try! I have every single advantage!"