Chapter 189: Fallen star (6)

...

The fall of the star.

Rumors spread quickly on what every being within Depth saw.

"Myad was right!"

"He claimed Big Brother was in shape of a star for hundreds of years and finally..."

"So, he did everything just to destroy Big Brother after all!"

Myad's fight began to become glorified and it became the truth, influencing the entire <Depth>. After a week, there was another truth that everyone came to accept.

-<Big Brother> has fallen.

It was the most shocking incident out of the 210 thousand years of history of the <Depth>.

"Dammit. That damn thing buried Jaehwan and the 7th site!"

7th site, Throne Room of Edmunt...

Surha, who was the strategist of the 'Fallbringers', was discussing matters with Pierre. She mumbled as she paced around the room endlessly, "Ugh, this is crazy. We should've had enemies running to the 7th site by now..."

The incident made Jaehwan become an instant star. The incident named [Return of the Hope] was the only chance for the 7th site and the Fallbringers to grow in power. Surha knew this. That's why she used every ounce of her power to spread Jaehwan's name and to have him act a symbol to fight against Rupture.

But a week ago, on the [Day of Revolution], her plans turned to dust.

Everyone's attention was now on Myad and Rupture. Even within the 7th site, Rupture and Big Brother were bigger issues than Jaehwan himself.

"...Ugh. Pierre, talk to me. What should we do now? What do you think?"

In the midst of all the questions, Pierre just looked out to the window dumbfoundedly. Surha didn't expect an answer so she didn't care.

'I didn't know Rupture was going to do that... so what really happened?'

She felt like her head was going to explode just by thinking about all the questions she had.

"Pierre. Did Master really defeat Big Brother?"

She was confused. Her head refused to believe it, but she saw it with her own eyes. The star. She still remembered the face Myad made whenever he pointed at the star.

-Surha, that is where our goal lies.

It was certain. The star that was destroyed was the star that Myad showed her before.

'But there's no way. I didn't see that future. Master didn't plan on fighting Big Brother..!'

Surha bit her lips as she remembered the [Premonition] she saw before.

<Depth> in blood red. Rupture that had fallen, and the gods who were destroyed. Myad, stood upon everything he had finished, declaring a new world.

Was it really Myad?

It was one of the strongest and clearest premonitions, and she had to believe it. Yet every bit of reality was opposing her premonition right now.

Myad suddenly flew up into the sky and took the star down.

Myad, who had been accused by everyone, was now becoming the savior of the <Depth>. There were now forces agreeing to his Depth Invasion as a whole.

The fall of Big Brother had that much significance. Surha asked again, "Pierre. Did Big Brother really fall? Do you think so?"

Pierre glanced over at Surha and turned back to the sky. He had been looking into the sky increasingly lately.