Chapter 26: Vao Versus Ruby

Start from the beginning

"He's trying to shake us off!" Junior shouted. "Vao's an expert when it comes to car chases! He's trying to go after Salem alone because he thinks we won't help him!"

"Excuse me!? How exactly is he an expert!?" Raven shouted. Junior didn't answer, watch as Vao drifted into an alley. Raven followed, her tires squealing loudly. They were right behind Vao now. Raven tapped the back of his vehicle with her bumper, eliciting a response from him. Vao stuck his middle finger out the window, screaming loud enough for them to hear his voice.

"Piss off, you wanker! I'm trying to drive!"

He reached down and plucked a trash can off the ground, chucking it back at them. In the alley, Raven couldn't swerve out of the way. The moldy contents washed over her windshield, and the wipers only smeared it around. "I can't see!" She shrieked. Y/N was already climbing out of the window with Weiss, pulling himself onto the roof of the car.

He felt like he was about to do the dumbest thing he had ever done in his life. If he messed up, he'd be run over. Taking a deep breath, he ran forward and threw himself into the air, landing on the top of Vao's car.

"Wot!? Get off, you cunt!" Vao shouted from below. Weiss landed next to Y/N, reaching through Vao's window and trying to jerk the wheel. She reeled her hand back in pain a second later.

"Ow! He bit me!"

They flew from the alley, giving Vao all the room he needed to swerve left and right. Y/N stabbed his katana through the roof to stay where he was, Weiss clinging to him for her life. The moment the blade pierced the car, Vao screamed in terror.

"HEY! That was really, really close to my shitting head!"

"Then slow down, Vao! We're not letting you fight Salem by yourself!"

Weiss felt her scroll buzzing in her pocket. Digging it out, she clicked open the device. Yang was calling.

["Yo! You're on the news!"]

"I... What?" Weiss looked up into the sky. A police helicopter was chasing after them, the propellers beating loudly into the air. She turned back to her scroll. "Nevermind that! Who are you with!?"

["Cardin, why?"]

"Get down here! Vao's trying to fight Ruby!"

Yang hung up, and Weiss prayed she'd make it in time. If Vao managed to throw them off the car, he'd be putting himself in danger. Raven pulled up next to Vao, ramming the side of his car. Her red eyes blazed with fury.

"This fucking thing takes forever to clean, you little shit! Do you despise me or something!?"

Vao wailed in terror. "Mummy, no! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I love you!"

He nearly crashed into a street lamp as Raven rammed him again, swerving away just in time. Y/N reached down, grabbing the steering wheel and tugging on it. "Pull over Vao!"

"Fuck you!"

Y/N shouted in surprise when Vao bit down on his forearm, leaving teeth marks. But still he didn't let go, giving a sharp tug. The vehicle swerved, nearly rolling over. Vao slammed his car into Raven, launching Y/N to the side, almost sending him tumbling down the road. Y/N was barely holding on, his fingers losing their grip. Weiss crawled forward, grabbing his wrists and pulling him back to safety.

"Vao, you moron! Look inside Raven's car!" Weiss shouted. Vao glanced over, glaring at his mother's vehicle. Verde was inside, waving her arms frantically. But Vao only let out a scream of rage.