Chapter 1: The Research

*Girls pov*

After putting little keith to bed for a nap and scarring away that pesky boogieman away, I manifested my laptop into my lap to see what pops up in my feed only to see something a bit concerning. I automatically waved my hand to get my brothers attention but of course he was too busy watching something on tv so i snapped my fingers. His head turned to look at me and sighed when he knew he had to get up. I showed him my laptop clicking the latest News reports.

'Alot of children have been reported to be dead in just a few nights from what some parents have bared to witness some horrific beast with a long tail and sharp teeth that had to be at least 7 inches long quickly devour the child in 1 quick gulp. Saddened parents heard muffled crys and some heard nothing at all only to wake up to a bloody mess on their kids bed the next day. 1 father claimed he has shot the beast with a pistol in its left shoulder but it wasnt enough. Will this beast strike again tonight or will it hide? Just to be sure make sure you lock your doors and windows, shut the blinds, and stay inside cause it probably wont be safe anytime soon unless someone can kill this beast for good.'

I look back at my brother only to see him look back at me. Even though I was concerned he seemed unmoved by it. "Im sure its nothing we cant handle." As usual he puffed up his chest with a proud pose but i shoot him a glare, "this sounds more serious though." He chuchled "How so? We deal with monsters all the time." He clearly wasnt listening like I was. "The most the monsters will do is threaten us or the kids and spook the children. This one on the other hand seems to actually want to physically harm the children. What if they get to keith?!" Now the worry could be seen on my brothers face as the smile faded. "Well we will just have to be ready for a fight. After all we might win since they're injured." He flexed his arms, not to show off but to see if those muscles were still there and of course they were. As much as I hate too, it seems we may have no choice but to fight when the time comes. "Maybe we can convince them to not do this type of stuff anymore." He scoffs saying "As if that'll ever happen. Monsters are all the same we can handle it trust me." My brother puts a reassuring hand on my shoulder which makes me feel a bit better but i still have that hope that maybe they can change. I close my laptop and look around the house tending to the plants as my brother continues watching TV.

(I will reveal what names I came up for them sooner or later ;)