twelve. constellation of the heart

chapter three,the monster and the superhero

chapter three,
the monster and the superhero

・ 。゚☆ "delivery service!" the group burst through the door of reefer rick's hidden shed, smiling widely and holding up bags of groceries - making a paranoid eddie munson jump back in surprise. "so we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. how do you prefer it?"

"bad news first, always." eddie shrugged, shovelling handfuls of honey comb cereal in his mouth.

"alright," dustin nodded. "bad news: we tapped into the hawkins pd dispatch with our cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed chrissy."

"like, 100% kind of convinced." max added.

"and the good news?"

"your name hasn't gone public yet," robin explained. "but if we found out about you, it's only a matter of time before others do too. and once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

lola nodded. "and that's basically every little shit in town, so- you're basically screwed."

"hunt the freak, right?" eddie murmured.

"exactly."

"shit."

"so, before that happens, we need to find vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence."

"that's all, dustin?" eddie scoffed. "that's all?"

"yeah, no, that's pretty much it."

"listen, eddie, i know everything dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kind of thing before." robin shrugged, pointing at lola, steve, dustin and max. "i mean, they have a... a few times, and i have once. mine was more human-flesh-based, and theirs was more smoke-related..? but the bottom line is- collectively, i really feel like we've got this."

"we usually rely on this girl who has super powers."

"yeah, el." lola added. "but those went bye-bye, and now she's lives in california with the byers."

"so we're technically in more of the... kinda... brainstorming phase..?"

lola nodded optimistically. "yeah! but- but it's fine! robin's really smart! she makes good plans! and- and, dustin and max are really good with investigating stuff. steve's good with a bat, so there's something. and uh- i'm okay with moral support!"