three. to love a boy

chapter three,the case of the missing lifeguard

chapter three,
the case of the missing lifeguard

・ 。゚☆ "you see anything?" dustin asked lola, who held a pair of binoculars up to her eyes, scanning the mall for anything or anyone suspicious-looking.

she shrugged. "well i guess i don't totally know what i'm looking for?"

"evil russians."

"uh, yeah, exactly. i don't know what an evil russian looks like."

"tall, blond, not smiling?"

"pass me those," steve said, grabbing the binoculars from the wheeler girl and holding them up to his eyes. "this is a job for steve harrington."

lola rolled her eyes. "gag me with a spoon."

"also, look for earpieces, camo, duffel bags, that sort of thing," dustin advised with a nod.

"right, okay, duffel bags- oh you've gotta be kidding me." he huffed, adjusting the knobs to zoom in.

"what? lemme see!"

"anna jacobi's talking with that meathead mark lewinsky-" steve scoffed. "seriously?"

"look, if you're not gonna focus, just gimme the binoculars-"

"jesus christ, whatever happened to standards?" steve mumbled, still watching. "i mean, lewinsky never even came off the bench!"

"mark lewinsky's tried to hook up with almost every simgle girl in my grade." lola scrunched up her nose in disgust. "-after he got rejected by half of the seniors, of course. remember what happened with carol h?" she asked steve, who nodded.

"yeah, he's a real slimeball." he passed her over the binoculars so she could get a look.

"dude, you guys are the worst spies in history, you know that?" dustin complained, reaching his hands out to snatch the binoculars off of them.

"-hey, stop! give me those-"

"i don't even get why you're looking at girls, steve. you have the perfect one right in front of you."

"aw, thanks, dustin." lola grinned jokingly, knowing he wasn't actually talking about her.

"i'm talking about ro-"

"seriously," steve shook his head. "i swear to god, if you say 'robin' again..."

"robin."