A Lost Poem

The Lost Poem

I'm told to find my voice,
Even in the depth of a void.
The warmth of beating hearts,
Like the muse,
That collects my lost parts.
I'm told to figure myself,
I'm told to find,
My long-lost poem...

...

Louis walks the old grounds of his college, head down looking at the rocks on the cobblestone yard with no attention towards them. He's been thinking about a lot lately, his family, friends, work, school and future, and as much as he tries to keep one out of another, he keeps mixing them up unconsciously.

It's been one of those rough weeks where Louis has to neglect one of those responsibilities, he can't really neglect family and friends, or work, but he's been neglecting his school and effectively his future.

Living in the present had been his life's motto, to be right here in the moment, do things and not think about how they might have an effect in your tomorrow, and he's done that up to a point where now it affects his tomorrow in an unavoidable manner.

He's still doing it, he's still holding up to a lifestyle that is not even a style anymore, it's just a mess, and he'd caught into it like in a spider's web, wrapped in net like a cocoon from head to toe, with hands and feet bounded, and the spider is nearing, and he doesn't believe a miracle from God will save him.

Talk about God saving him...he's late to class and he continues to walk there as slow as it gets, enjoying the February chilly morning like this is his last day on Earth. It's not, but for some reason it feels like it...maybe it's just him who likes to put a crazy reason on his pretentious procrastination.

He's late, nobody is surprised, actually they'd be surprised if he arrived early at his classes even if only for one minute earlier. The professor doesn't even bother to remind him he's late like he's learned to do these last three years he's been teaching him, since Louis knows he is late, and he'd be wasting his breath to tell him something he already knows but doesn't give a thought about.

Louis only place left to sit is besides his nerdy best friend in the first rows, he hated the first row, but he couldn't complain when he's always late to actually pick a place by the widow or the end.

"Good morning, Lou."-She whispers continuing to scribble some thoughts in an essay paper. If that's to hand over today, he's definitely not going to be handing anything over.

"We had homework?"-Louis said softly worried.

"Good morning to you too Louis...No, we don't."-She rolled her eyes at him.

"Come on Sil, if it was a good morning, you'd be the first to notice and I'd be showing it on your face. It's not. So, let's just skip past wishing a morning that I wished I did not wake on."-Louis said weighting back on his chair.

Silvia sighted. -"That was a lot of words...have you been drinking coffee instead of tea again? You look cranky, you didn't get laid for Valentine's Day?"

"Jesus Crisis and Holy Global Warming Silvia!"-Louis whispered under his breath pissed as Silvia laughed at his face.

"We'll I've got a date for Valentine so...you know It's a good morning for me."-Silvia said, and Louis lifted an eyebrow.