He was everything I ever needed.

"Hey Harry," I said, randomly remembering a memory from the first day of school.

"Yes?" he asked, his voice soothing to my ears.

"Remember that one Divination class we had together on the first day of school?"

"I do."

"Don't you remember what Professor Trelawney told me?"

"I'm afraid I don't."

"Well, she said something tragic in my life would happen, but then someone would be waiting for me when it was all said and done... someone who has loved me since day one."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I was thinking about it the other day and I think the prophecy was fulfilled. What happened with Kasper in the library was very tragic, but you were there with me the very next morning. You were there as soon as you could be there, basically waiting to see me."

"And I have loved you since day one."

I knew I would cherish those words forever. Such a simple sentence yet so much meaning behind it.

"I love you too, Harry."

I couldn't help myself. I truly did love him. I sat up and looked at him in the eyes as I spoke that sentence. I meant every word and every breath I used to form that sentence on my lips.

Harry's gaze proposed that my words had caught him a little off guard. It was almost as if he had never heard those words spoken to him before.

Right then, he cupped my cheek in his hand and just stared at me with his emerald green eyes. They were so dreamy. So mesmerizing.

Then he kissed me and all of reality was shut away.

———————————————————————

I felt zero motivation to get out of bed that Monday morning. School was the last thing I desired to do. Unwillingly, I got ready for school and headed to the common room to do some early morning studying.

Take a guess who I also saw studying in the common room very early in the morning.

Malfoy.

He looked up at me for a brief moment then turned his attention back to his homework.
He knew I was there. He always seemed to know when I was near him.

I sat as far away from him as possible in the lounging area of the common room. I sat on a large couch across from him as I begin to open my text book. Except, I couldn't focus on anything. Maybe it was just Malfoy simply existing or the fact that I have to live with him in a month. I wondered if he even knew.

Brushing off all thoughts of Malfoy, I forced myself to study for the Potions test which I had to take right after breakfast. If I do bomb this Potion's test, however, I'm blaming Malfoy.

At breakfast, I sat at the Slytherin table talking to Blaise and Pansy. We were all quizzing each other over the Potions test when the owls came flying through the air to deliver the morning mail. I had no parents who cared to write to me, so I never expected any mail. However, I do remember getting a letter from Harry on one particular day after I had told him I never received any mail. I thought it was such a kind gesture for him to do that for me.

Right in the middle of a conversation with Blaise and Pansy, I accidentally caught Malfoy's eye, who sat on the opposite side of the table not too many seats away from me. He wore an odd and perplexed expression upon his face. His eyes scanned the letter, which he held in his hands, then made their way back to me. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, however, he only stood up abruptly and trudged away.

"What's up with Malfoy?" I asked, feeling a little weirded out.

"Where is he?" asked Pansy as she searched around the Great Hall with her eyes.

"He looked at his letter, then at me, then stormed off as if he were angry with me."

Blaise and Pansy shared a glance with each other, not knowing what to say. It was as if they each wanted the other person to say something. I looked back and forth between the two before saying anything furthermore.

Did they know something I didn't?

"What does Malfoy say about me?"

It wasn't a "does he talk about me" but rather there was a hint of certainty in my question. I knew he must have said multiple things about me.

Why this sudden accusation? Because he's Malfoy.

"He doesn't say anything about you to me," said Pansy.

"I've never heard anything about you from him either," added Blaise.

"Besides, whatever he says doesn't matter," stated Pansy.

"I know. He hates me but since when do I care."

"I think he hates Harry more than he hates you," commented Blaise randomly.

I had to admit that was a bit odd coming from Blaise.

"I doubt it," I replied, "If anything he loathes us both."

———————————————————————

Well great news... I passed my Potions test! Even better news... Professor Snape didn't give any of us a lecture. Shocking right?

As I was walking through the corridors, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

Was Malfoy approaching me?

It was Malfoy, trudging up to me, and looking directly at me? I had no time to think or even process what was happening.

"Rosewood," he said rather sternly.

"Malfoy," I replied, my expression noticeably confused.

We haven't spoken in months? What could he possibly want to tell me?

"Did you know you are living at Malfoy Manor now?"

He pulled out his letter to show me then shoved it back into his pocket.

That's how he knew.

"Im aware."

He didn't respond immediately. He was acting strange... at least more strange than normally. Was this why he was mad? Over something I couldn't control?

Why am I even surprised?

"Look, Malfoy, if you have a bone to pick with me about something I can't control, we can talk about it later."

"I just want to know why."

I just glared at him, immensely puzzled. Was he really that gullible?

"They didn't tell you?" I questioned.

"All I know is that my parents are your godparents."

I supposed I owed him an explanation since I'm living at his house. I took a deep breath.

"My parents were caught and locked up in Azkaban yesterday night. I haven't got anywhere else to go. And maybe, just maybe for one moment you will be considerate."

I was beginning to feel angry. I just realized I was going to be late to my next class because of him. Receiving no further response for him, I speed-walked away with my head down, fighting the urge to punch him in the face once again.