ooo. the ending

hey everybody! i hope you're all well, especially those of you who've had this book in your library since the very beginning. i'm very sorry to disappoint, but this isn't an update to notify everybody about the story's update.

i won't be continuing this fic. i loved writing it and i definitely didn't think this was going to end up as one of those unfinished stories that i wished would never end. percy jackson still holds a really big part of my heart, but it's come to a feeling of nostalgia rather than the excitement of having read it for the first time. when i first wrote this fic, i was a sophomore in high school, and now, i'll be starting university in the fall.

it's so nice to see that people still read and liked this little book. i'm glad because i liked it too. i wouldn't say i've grown out of it, but i think my interests have just evolved a bit. i love to see people still interacting with this fic, and i wont be taking it down because i know people still like coming back to old fics for that punch of nostalgia we all need sometimes.

i know how much i hate not knowing the end of everything, though, so here's all my notes on what i had planned for the story and stuff. some of it is also kinda cringe so please excuse that too, lol. i have not changed anything about the notes from how they were two years ago. sorry for the mess and how disorganised it is, but i figure someone out there might wanna read them and imagine it all up for themself. for you, i hope you enjoy this.

so like. ethan idea
— he thinks he's gonna die in boo or hoh for some reason
— and he says to kia 'if i don't make it—'
— she has a hard look on her face. 'you will. i wont let you die, ethan.'
— he looks like he wants to say more but doesn't
— he thinks about that moment after kia does the Thing

'there's things i want to say, but i'll just let you live.'

'mr. brain, i presume?' 'please, call me seaweed.'

in moa, she has a vision. she won't tell anyone what it is or what happened. she's just completely stubborn about it and won't tell anyone—not even ethan. in boo, it's revealed in a flashback what she saw. it was ethan sitting by a grave, and annabeth coming up and standing beside him. he starts to cry, and annabeth tries not to, to stay strong in front of ethan, but she ends up crying too. she falls down and wraps her arms around ethan, whispering raggedly, 'it's okay, it's okay.' but it's not. he's full on weeping in her arms, coming completely undone against her shoulder. kia gets a closer look at the grave. it's her own. it's that moment that she knows. she knows that she's going to sacrifice herself—and fulfil the prophecy—'Be deceived by the one you call friend, Eternal sacrifice the means to an end.'

the word you're looking for: boisterous

lmao isn't it funny that hua mitsuho was all 'roots have meaning' while naming her daughter but retained about zero percent of her daughter's greek heritage

i feel like kia would suck at using a gun but like she tries to use one in the middle of battle. when she runs out of bullets she just shrugs to herself and hits the monster with the back of the gun

RANDOM QUOTES TO INSERT

- 'Please stop saying such weird shit all the time, babe.' — Ethan (preferably moa timeline)
- 'How was I supposed to know it'd explode?' — Percy (botl)
- 'I want to be yours as long as time runs and as long as the sand in the hourglass keeps falling. Forever isn't long enough for me to love you.' — Kia (tlo or hoh)
- 'Please, don't hurt my brain cells anymore, Ki.' — Annabeth (moa)
- 'Why are Leo and Kia snickering to each other? I don't like it. Stop that.' — Annabeth (moa or boo)
- 'I want to sleep.' — Kia (should this even have a timeline?? make it a catchphrase)
- I'll see you in hell. — Kia (ttc)
- 'Would you stop glaring at me, you're scaring me!' — Leo (moa)
- "I hate you." — "I love you." (idk we'll burn that bridge when we come to it)
- 'Wait, this wasn't discussed. Why is Staten Island not an Island?' — Kia (botl)
- 'Everybody is afraid of something.' — Kia (idk maybe hoh when she's using her dark!kia powers)
- 'All the events that have taken place in history have led us to this moment.' — Kia (tlo)
- 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.' — Kia
- "Do you guys ever have any good luck?" — "No, but we are way past our life expectancy, so get ready to die!" — Kia
- 'Do you mind? I'm trying to hate you over here!' — Luke
- How much of her would he have to destroy to have her come crawling to him? — Ethan
- 'Jase, your entire personality consists of putting 'man' at the end of each sentence.' — Kia (boo or moa)
- Perhaps she were the monster to not have seen it earlier. — Kia
- 'You're fucking gone!' — 'And now you're gone,' she said in a whisper, her body folding in on itself. — Kia (chapter name: ghost of you)
- 'Children of mine... ' he hesitated, wetting his lips. 'They cannot have minds that break.' He did not say it with any intention of malice; the words weren't spoken sweetly, but not unkindly either. — Morpheus (hoh or boo)
- 'If you touch her,' his voice rang out in a monotone, his eyes reflecting an uncharacteristically demented glint, 'I'll kill you.' — Percy (tlo or hoh)
- 'I'm going to marry her one day,' he stated; not hopefully, simply presenting the words as a fact. — Ethan (boo)
- 'I wholly hope you never do.' — Apollo (boo)
- 'Now, are you going to help me in my dumbassery or sit there sulking like a Victorian child over poetry?' — Jason/Percy
- Apollo cringed. 'What?' — 'Well,' he said meekly, continuing to cringe. 'I just thought of the time I had gone to a restaurant where when the waiter wished me a good meal, I'd replied with 'thee, as well.''
- His eyebrows chased his receding hairline. — Kia thinking about someone idk
- "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse." — Jason
- "I identify as a horse and this offends me." — Frank
- "I identify as offends and this horses me." — Leo
- "Why the fuck are you all like this?" Kia asked through mangled sobs.
- "Guys, let's stop messing around. Straight people obviously aren't real." — Leo
- 'And what is your conclusion, Senór Smartass?' — Percy
- 'Well, my analysis, Senór Dumbass, concludes—' — Kia
- 'Are you kidding me? Even a blind person could see how much he's in love with you.' — Piper
- 'Shh, it's for character development.' — Kia
- 'Greeks were the crown of tragedy. Anyone could tell you that; all you had to do was take a look at Hyacinthus, or Orpheus, or even Achilles, for that matter.' — Patroclus
- 'No, stupid. I'm a Leo, you're a Percy.' — Leo
- Kia looked to the Gemini with a strained smile. 'We're Greek.' Which pretty much explained everything.
- 'Wouldn't you like to know, weather boy?' — Kia
- 'He's Chinese, you dumbfuck.' — Kia
- 'Hercules, you dick.' — Kia
- Kia put her hands on his shoulders and steered him away, giving ____________ an apologetic smile. She said to Percy/Jason, "Let's get you some brain cells, pretty boy."
- 'I thought you were dead.' — Kia
- 'I thought you were dead.' — Percy
- 'I lift because I hope that one day I can toss Percy over his father's entire domain.' — Kia, probably
- 'Cowabummer, dude!' — Kia
- 'We aren't falling, Leo.' — Jason
- 'Riveting!' — Kia
- 'Ribbit?' — Percy
- 'A frog?' — Leo
- 'It's just you and me in here,' Kia said, wiping her lips free of blood. She stood up again, gaining a defensive stance against the goddess. 'I am your eternal hell, just as you are mine.'
- 'Frank, you are not weak. More power runs through your veins than thousands of others out there, and more power runs through your heritage than you can imagine. You can dislike Mars all you want, but do not forget that his power is your power, and the best way to make the most out of it is to accept it.' — Kia
- 'Your very broad spectrum of human emotion is ninety percent confusion, Jason.' — 'And yours is angst. Looks like we're both victims.'
- 'Love is the cruelest sacrifice of all, my dear.' — Aphrodite
- 'If you guys had to pick one of the other four to date, which one would it be?' — Piper
- 'What?' — Jason
- 'I'm not answering that!' — Percy
- 'Huh?' — Frank
- 'I'm leaving.' — Ethan
- 'Percy!' — Leo
- 'This explains so much.' — Kia
- 'Okay, what about you girls? If you had to choose from the others?' — Jason
- 'Kia.' — 'Annabeth.'
- 'Hazel.' — 'Piper.'
- Percy jabbed Jason in the shoulder and muttered, "Good going, dude. You just set up our girlfriends with each other."
- 'Who was your first crush, Kia?' — Piper
- 'Kakashi from Naruto.'
- Leo immediately looked at Ethan, and then nodded. 'Yep. That checks out. You definitely have a type.'
- Percy snorted. 'You should've seen the resemblance when Ethan used to wear an eyepatch.'
- Ethan didnt look up from his book. 'Long story.'
- Kia had died, and along with it, a piece of Ethan—the piece of Ethan that became wholly Kia, to love her and cherish and never to be parted from her, the part of him that the love for Kia was a driving force of life, the part of him that had become Kia herself. It was dead.