that's when everything started; her hatred for albedo. throughout the remaining years in middle school, the both of them would always try to dominate the class — and the two of them ranking one became a normal occurrence to everyone.

"how does society view strong women?"

it was one sunny afternoon inside the classroom where most of the students were dozing off and sighing tiredly; y/n raised her hand and already answered before the teacher could even call her name.

"the society view strong women as a 'threat' because they have this perception of women to be polite, innocent, and fragile and when a girl debunks that fantasy; the society categorizes her as a 'villain' when clearly she's an opinionated person who won't allow people to walk over her: the society hates feminist — they hate strong women."

their teacher nodded, "so, you're saying that an opinionated person is a strong woman?"

"well, if you have the guts and confidence to speak what's in your mind, then yes."

"and does it mean that those innocent, polite, and fragile are not strong?"

"i didn't say anything about that. you can be strongly innocent, polite, and fragile as long as you won't let people walk over you. you can still give opinions even if you're polite or innocent. what i meant is, since our topic is about the girl breaking the stereotypes during the 17th century, she's strong for breaking that perception —- and for speaking up for other women's issues during their time."

"ah, so you support the female lead? isn't she too much? she smokes and sells her body, what do you think about that?"

the teacher's question caused her brows to furrow, her cheeks went flushed and she intensely stared at him before answering. "there's nothing wrong about her — she grew up in poverty and didn't have the privilege to study, in the end she had no choice but to sell her body but she wasn't hurting anyone. she was just a victim of the unfair patriarchal society."

"y/n, tell me, are you a misandrist?" her teacher questioned, utterly disappointed. "dear child, you are still young and growing. the society won't function properly without us, men, and we always need to be on the top of the ladder because we are the 'hope' for a better society. can't you see? male leaders do better, male leaders save the country and make everything good and amazing besides women are too emotional to lead the society, am i right?"

she squinted her eyes in disgust, "men are emotional too." she simply started up with her pursed lips. "that's why we have this thing called 'war' because egoistic emotional leaders cannot accept decisions and so. and sir, am not a misandrist. i am a feminist, as a teacher, you should know the difference between the two terms." y/n summarized, a mere fifteen year old that time, with a proud smile plastered on her lips as her classmates – including albedo — watched in awe and amusement.

that until the teacher angrily slapped the papers on the table causing her to flinch; his cheeks were flushed and his teeth were clenching so hard she could see sweat forming around his greasy forehead. he looked at her with utter hatred, there was a burning passion of anger dancing in his orbs and she swore, he looked like he wanted to hurt her in the most possible way. "how dare you talk back to your teacher! you will be called in the guidance office after this, ha! disrespectful child of all! who do you think you are?!" he exclaimed, his voice thundered inside the classroom as he walked out.