"Okay guys, shut up!" Dustin yells out after a while and everyone goes silent. "When are we gonna open the gifts we all got each other?"

"I'm in the middle of a conversation-" Mike interrupts, rolling his eyes.

Lucas shifts his gaze between El and Mike, arching his brows. "Let me guess, you're planning for later?" He blows a kiss, causing a smirk to crack on my lips. Mike turns to me and gives me a disapproving look of annoyance.

"What are you laughing at??" He asks and I snort, despite trying my best to keep a straight face.

"Nothing! Is he wrong, though?"

"Yes! Very wrong!" He turns to El for defence, who just raises her hands in surrender.

I continue to giggle as Mike sighs and turns back to me.

"Oh my god, you're being so immature." He remarks as I purse my lips in disagreement.

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am n- stop!" I swat his arm.

"Hey!" He hits me back.

"Um- guys, stop!" Dustin stands up and approaches us, me and Mike grant him with frustrated scowls.

"She drew first blood-" He quickly says, causing me to scoff.

"You son of a-"

"Max, shake his hand." Dustin instructs with a tired sigh.

I groan in irritation before turning to Mike, both of us have ironic smiles playing on our lips. I take his hand, squeeze it in a suffocatingly tight manner and shake it aggressively, making sure to keep it low-key so that Dustin doesn't scold me.

"Ow- oh my god, let go."

"What? I'm just shaking your hand. I drew first blood, remember?" I shrug, breaking the eye contact that me and Mike had just now. I turn to Will, who's obviously trying his hardest not to burst into laughter.

"See, someone finds me funny."

"What? Nobody is laughing." Mike looks around the room, noticeably staring at Will for longer than everyone else.

Maybe it's because he caught him laughing.

But it could be something else.

Nah, I'm thinking ahead.

It's still suspicious, though.

"Okay this is weird, why did the room suddenly go silent-" Lucas meddles in, causing Mike to fall out of his trance.

"Nothing, I'm just kind of offended that nobody is taking me seriously." Mike pouts jokingly, slouching against the sofa. El giggles and kisses his cheek, opening her mouth as if to say something. "I take you seriously all the time."