Chapter 6: Not terrified, just worried

It has been a week since the Pavels had met Daisy. The siblings became best friends with her and today Daisy is going to teached Alex some tricks to control the wolf that he was vorn to become. She also told him and his family, what might had happened to his biological parents. 

"So you're telling me that my mom was the Alpha of my old pack and that they all used  to live in the woods. But they had to run because some hunters tried to kill them.", Alex asked all confused. "Yes. The hunters think that all werewolves are dangerous, ever since one of the ancient packs decided to hunt on humans to make more werewolves. While the pack's hunters were looking for food, including your parents, the pups and their parents got murdered. When they arrived back at their house most of the wolves got killed as well but you parents managed to run away with a couple of survivors. The reason they left you was because they thought  you would be saver if they gave you up for adoption, just until the hunters weren't trying to kill them. As they left the house and were just about to leave, your father heard the hunters and told your mother to leave with you. So she ran, but when she heard a gunshot, she knew your dad didn't make it. Alex your mother was devastated. The poor woman quickly hid you in the woods, hoping that someone would find you and take care of you.", Daisy explained. 

"May I ask how you know all of this?", Melanie asked. "Well Alex mother, her name is Lydia, after she left Alex, she ran to the closest woods she could find. After a while she finally ended up at my pack. My dad, the Alpha, accepted her into the pack as long as she wouldn't steal it, you know since she was then a Alpha without a pack, anyway she told him everything that happened and 10 years later, I asked her about her family and her pack. She teared up and went to her tent, since my pack all lives in a sort of camp every family has their own tent. So later that day I went back to her to apologize, but she told me that it was fine and basically told me everything that had happened."

At that moment Alex was at a loss of words. His head was full with this daunting information. It was too much for him to comprehend, so he just sat there. Staring at the ground, not moving at all. It was as if he became a statue on the outside and a lost ghost on the inside. He couldn't hear anything at all, except for the rain that was now pouring down. The poor guy just found out that his father had passed away, not just passed away but murdered by "wolfblood" thirsty hunters. The lost ghost was now becoming an outraged wolf. He was so in his own world that he didn't even hear his own mother yell at him. "Alexander Pavel! Stop right this instand!", he eventually heard. 

The young teen was so confused as he looked around him. His little sister looking terrified, his mother mad but also concerned and his dad was just as confused as he was. But Daisy, she looked at him with empathy. She knows how hard being a wolf can be. The way she looked at him just calmed him down because he could see in her eyes that she cares. "What happened?", Alex asked. "You terrified your sister! Your eyes were glowing and you were growling. Melanie wanted to calm you down but all of a sudden she jumped. She wouldn't tell us why!", his mother said with an extremely worried voice. Alex looked at his younger sister but she just walked up to her room. "I'll go talk to her.", Daisy said.

The blond girl walked up the stairs to Melanie's room, only to see that she wasn't there. So she went to Alex's room and there she was. Sitting on his bed with a teddy bear. "Mel are you alright? Why did you jump away from Alex? It's okay if you don't want to tell me, but you know he loves you so much. He would never want to scare you or hurt you. Believe me, we werewolves are extremely loving, protective and caring, but we only show it to our loved ones."

"Of course I'm not scared of him. He is my big brother and best friend. I know he loves me and cares for me but so do I. I know Alex as the chill, funny, caring, creative and smart guy but just then I didn't see any of that. When I went to try and calm him down, all I saw was hatred in his eyes. Hatred, rage, fury, heartbreak, sadness and anger, it was as if I was looking into someone else's eyes. As if he was about to take revenge on those hunters and do something very bad. I jumped because I was worried. I looked terrified because I have never seen him like this. Of course I've seen him angry and sad before, but this, this never happened before.", Melanie replied. 

Daisy then proceeded to comfort Melanie, telling her that she is going to make sure that Alex isn't getting out of control. She didn't tell Alex about Melanie, because she wanted them to talk it out. And this morning she saw them being like normal. She smiled as she watched the teenage boy messing around with his sister. She was so in her head that she didn't realize they were standing next to her. "Hellooo? Earth to Miss Daisy Millay.", Alex said as he waved his hand in front of her face.
"Huh? Oh hi guys."
"What ya smilling about?", Melanie said with a quick wink that only Daisy noticed. "Oh nothing really. I'm just in a good mood I guess.", Daisy answered. "Hmhm yeah right. I'm not done talking about this but we have to go to class.", Melanie said. She walked passed Daisy and whispered: "I know you were staring at him." and with that she left her brother and Daisy to find her classroom.

The following afternoon when school was over, the three teenagers were all sitting in a circle, on the ground, in Daisy's living room, working on their homework. Alex and Daisy were helping each other since they have the same classes, but they also helped Melanie with some of the stuff that she couldn't figure out. But after an hour or 2, Alex had to pack up and go to his work at the vet.

So Melanie decided this would be the best moment to have some girl talk. She closed both of their books and notebooks, while Daisy was giving her a confused look. "What are you doing?", she asked. "Taking a break so you can tell me why you were smilling at my brother this morning.", Melanie grinned.
"I was not!"
"Yes. Yes. You. Were."
"Okay maybe I was. But it's just so sweet to see how you two have such an amazing bond and how Alex just cares a lot about you.", Daisy said with a smile, again.

"So you're basically telling me that you like him.", Melanie stated.
"No I'm not. I don't know. Maybe, kinda? How am I supposed to know! This is confusing! My father told me to make sure he's safe and he'll eventually gets reunited with his mother but he didn't tell me I would develop feelings!"

"Wait what! Did your father really sent you here? And what do you mean by reuniting him with his mom. Are you taking him away from me?", Melanie asked.
"What no absolutely not! Listen my dad did sent me to Edrelia to make sure Alex was actually still alive and safe but he also sent me here because his mother knew he was transforming soon. So since I'm also a couple months older, I got used to transforming by now and my father sent me to look after him and train him, because the hunters might be after our pack too. Melanie I'm sorry if I scared you but I am not taking him away. My pack is also planning to come here and live in the woods, since it's dangerous to stay in the forest that we are currently staying at.", Daisy carefully explained.

"That's a lot to take in. I think I'm going home. I talk to you later.", Melanie said, as she didn't really know how to respond. She felt a little hurt that Daisy didn't tell them sooner, but she also understood that her pack and Alex is in danger and that they have to be safe.