Chapter 2: "I've Got You Brother"

Alex laid the wolf down on the grass and the coach handed him the First Aid kit that he brought. The young man grabbed some alcohol wipes and one of his classmates gave him some water to clean the wound with. As she handed it over to Alex, she started at him for a second. "Why are you looking at me like that?", he asked. "Y-your eyes are glowing orange.", she said and ran back over to the rest. Alex was very confused and decided to figure that out later and in stead he turned back around to help the wolf. 

"This can sting a little.", he said to the wolf and it seemed to understand him. He slowly poured some water on the wound and wiped the blood off. When it was clean, he noticed that it needed stitches. "Does anyone have a needle and a threat?", he asked. They were all looking at each other to see if someone had it, but no one did. Alex rushed to look in the first aid kit and to his luck he found just what he needed. He sanitized the needle and started to sow the wound. The poor wolf was howling out of pain but Alex was soon done with the stitches. The last thing he did was putting a bandage around the leg. "Of you go.", Alex said to the wolf. She slowly stood up and walked back to where she came from. When she was out of reach, Alex's eyes stopped glowing and went back to their normal brown color. He cleaned up all the stuff he used and gave the first aid kit back to the coach. "Okay I guess our break is over. Let's go back to the school now.", coach said.

They all ran back to the school and all Alex could think about is what that girl just told him. Were his eyes really orange? Apparently he wasn't the only one she told because when he walked into the cafeteria his sister ran up to him. "Al is it true? Did your eyes really glow orange and did you actually save a wild wolf?", she asked with a smile. "Uhm yeah I did help the wolf out. But I don't know if my eyes were orange. Wait how did you know?", he responded. "Oh everyone is talking about it. Some girl told everyone.". "No, no, no, no, noooo. I'm going to get even more bullied now. Well this is going to be a long day."

And he was right. All his other classes seemed to be full of whispers about him. He heard all of their rumors and jokes. When the bell rang, he was relieved because he finally got to do something fun. When he got his books out of his locker, he walked up to his sister and they went to the arcade. They played a lot of games like, pacman, the basketball game, the one were you have to click as many of the lights as you can, air hockey duh and some more. The two of them both won a lot of tickets and walked to the reception to get them counted. "So the girl won 524 tickets and you won 565. So what price would you like?", the receptionist told them. Melanie got a Harry Potter Funko Pop, the one where he is wearing his Quidditch uniform and Alexander got a new Bluetooth speaker. They thanked the receptionist and walked back to the car. 

"Alex I know that you probably don't want to talk about it, but what happened in the woods today?", his sister asked out of the blue. "Can I be honest with you M?", he asked her back. "Always", she responded. "Have mom and dad ever told you how they got me?" "Yeah they found you in the woods not far from our house.", she answered. "True but they never found out why I was there in the first place. I never found out but I did find something in the woods a couple days ago. As you know, I always run in the morning and I keep saying, it's because I need to stay fit or something but honestly it's because I have some sort of bond with it. It's like the woods keep calling me back and I don't know why. Besides that I'm also running there because I wanted to find some type of answer to why I was even there. So one day I went back to place mom and dad showed me where they found me and I walked around. I found this cottage that looked abandoned. I looked through some windows and it looked like a family used to live there. But the weird thing was, that it looked familiar. And I also found some kind of basement with a secret door, which was still open.", he told her.

"You went in there, didn't you?", she asked him. He nodded his head. "What did you find Alex?" "When I walked in there, I found scratches all over the walls. It looked like claw marks or something. But then I found a door that went into the house, so I walked in and looked around. I didn't find much, well that's what I thought until I found this picture.", he said as he grabbed the photo out of his bag and showed it to her. She looked at it for a second and it soon hit her. "Alex isn't that you as a baby?", she asked. "Yeah it is.", he said. "But what does this have to do with what happened today?" "Well today when I had PE, we all went on a run in the woods to train for the school's marathon. When we took a break, we were at a river that was near the cottage. All of a sudden one of the girls saw a wolf. It was a grey wolf with red eyes. Everyone got scared but I didn't. I don't know what it was but I just felt a connection. So I walked up to the wolf and I noticed that she had a wounded leg. Coach gave me the First Aid Kit so I could help her out. One of the girls also gave me some water so I could clean the wound. When she handed to me, she noticed that I had orange eyes. I don't know how or why it happened but when the wolf walked away, my eyes turned back to brown.", he explained.

"Let me guess. You think that wolf has something to do with the house that you found?", she asked and he nodded. "All I know is that something weird is happening and I have no idea what it is. But we have to find out what is happening to me.", he said. "Yeah we really should. Do you think we should ask mom if she knows anything about the cottage?" "Yeah maybe we should.", he replied. "Okay well maybe we can ask her during dinner.", Melanie optioned. "Alright. Melanie, thank you for listening to me and being my best friend.", Alex told her. "I've got you brother.", she said and gave him a warm smile. "Well I think we've talked enough, let's head back home. I don't know about you but I have tones of homework."

And with that the siblings went back to their house and helped each other with their homework, while their parents were still at work. Alexander was a little bumped that his parents would be working on his birthday but he was happy that he at least had his sister with him to spend time with. The two of them don't see their parents as much as they would like but they understand that they have very important jobs and they are very proud of their father and mother. They inspire them to be kind and always help out people in need. Alex and Melanie really appreciate everything their parents do for them.