Chapter 11- Merging the families pt2

"Okay, if the testosterone twins are done. I'd like to get back to a plan." Why was it, that every time Y/n entered a place Five's voice was so loud and sarcastic? Viktor interrupted the meeting, device still in hand and Y/n following him.

"Where is he?" Aske Viktor, everyone looking at the two that just barged in on them.

"I found Viktor." Said Y/n walking past Viktor and sitting beside Fei. And there a discussion started between Allison and Viktor. Ben and Five mumbling to each other about gambling and Y/n glared at them, the two going back to be spectators to the argument none of them ever thought was going to take place during this meeting.

"I know Harlan killed our mothers." Allison was brutal with her comebacks, really everyone was in shock after what she had tactlessly revealed. The reactions of her family were a little, let's say, peculiar, Lila obviously had her comedic commentary going on, Luther and Diego with their surprised 'oh, shit.' And Five just gritted his jaw left and right. After that no one dared to speak again while the two kept on discussing. Sadly it really felt like no one believed Viktor.

"This wasn't about saving the world. This was about hurting me. Payback for..—" Viktor had a valid point there, Y/n didn't know the full story, she just knew that now they had lost everything because of Viktor's inability to control his power and that Allison was clearly not handling the situation in a good way. In fact Allison stood up in a impulse making Viktor swallow his own words. Number 8 had the urge to stand up too, she was scared of Allison of course, but this was really insane, this woman killed someone out of pettiness, not even because they were dangerous or for mercy. Fei had her hand on her sister's elbow stopping her from doing any stupid move, she knew her sister and her idealistic morals.

"Go on. Say her name." Said Allison, it felt like a killer whale circling a iceberg with a scared seal resting on it. Luther tried to defuse the situation, he didn't think it was time for them to argue but Allison did not wanna hear it, she stooped him with a gesture of the hand, everyone was scared of this version of her. Viktor sucked it up and openly told her what he was thinking. And the shouting started and the blame was passed from one to the other.

"God, this whole family is so quick to tell me to suck up my pain and so worried about fixing yours! Somebody had to pay, because you never seem to. Destroy the world, kill Pogo, almost kill me, and for what? So we can all run around and clean up your mess? I'm sick of it." Allison was harsh, she was lost in pain, lost in herself, so lost that she decided that now she had to be the one being helped, she had to be the one finally having her happy ending.

Y/n was confused really, Five said that he had spent the last 20 days running around saving the world but why did it feel like she had been keeping this unpleasant energy inside her for years?

"Take it easy, Allison." Five tried to mediate but Ben shushed him up, he really was enjoying this, Y/n should have figured. It took a second for Allison to start screaming, Luther shot up to call her name in a useless attempt of refraining her. Allison's power doing their job, stopping Viktor from even breathing. Five asked her how she had done that without her usual 'I heard a rumor.'

"Just a little residual gift from Harlan." She replied looking at Viktor, her rage sipping from her eyes. Y/n stood up after Luther had told her to cut her power off, preventing Luther to get close to the woman, she really didn't want another argument to start there. Viktor thankfully was able to breath again, coughing the hair out of his lungs so that he could inhale again. Allison leaned over him.

"We should have left you in the basement." She said loud in his ear, everyone sprung up, that was the final drop for the Umbrellas and Viktor hit went straight to his sister's face making her take a few steps back. Fei exhaled at the tension finally breaking after that punch. Viktor left, taking Harlan's device with him and went up the stairs.

"You okay?" Aske Five to Allison, her noes bleeding by the hit. 

Y/n laughed, she didn't even let the woman time to reply she just blurted out while giving her a tissue "Suck it up." Five and Allison glared holes in her face. Ben commented something towards Diego while he had done that she stole the big plastic jar of snacks from him. "Let's go back to the plan." Everyone slowly started taking their place again and soon the meeting started.

———

So finally the group came to a agreement, the Sparrow informed that they already had a plan and it was best to go down to the Kugelblitz so the Umbrellas could take a look at it too.

"All of us are irrelevant. This thing's gonna take the whole damn universe. What is it made of?" Asked Five circling the ball of light.

"Micro black holes collapsing at increasingly short intervals." Informed Sloane, her interest in Astrophysics and gravity coming in handy.

"Why aren't we getting sucked inside?" Asked Five.

"Honestly, we don't know. You shouldn't exist here, and neither should this." She said looking at the ball.

"An impossibility for an impossibility. The universe is a sucker for balance." Commented Five. Fei informed them of the time rate of the waves, and Sloane finally announced the group plan.

"We trap it." She said looking at Diego that had asked the unspoken question.

"Dyson sphere?" Asked Five, his eyes still analyzing the active matter in the middle of the basement, Sloane confirmed that it was her idea. Five clicked his tongue and crossed his arms. "Okay. Confinement Factor?" He asked much like a surprise quiz in middle school.

"0.98 at peak energy flux." Answered Sloan after tilting her head at the thought of being challenged.

"Tensile strength?" He then asked, chin propping up, eyes getting thiner. Oh my god Five really wanted to make sure the woman did all the calculations.

"UTS ceiling of 10'000 gigapascals." She replied, Five arms finally dropping, the surprise quiz over, Lila kinda helped on braking the semi-conflict.

"Should I be finding this hot?" She asked looking at Diego and Luther, The two replying with a not convincing 'no' but Y/n that was standing in the middle of them, a feet in front, had argued.

"Yes." She said, her eyes on Sloane that smiled back at her. Y/n was always there for her, number 5 was smart, maybe one of the smartest person she had ever known and she would always cheer her up no matter what.

The umbrellas agreed on helping trapping the Kugelblitz and the people needed for the practical part were clearly stated. Now they just had to wait for Viktor, people scattering around a little. Allison had left the basement to go look for some alcohol, Lila seconds behind her. Ben informed that he would go get his jacked and disappeared upstairs too, the 6 people left just stood there looking at the thing.

"So... if this is a paradox, right?" Started Y/n attracted by the pretty orange light the ball was emitting. "And doesn't really follow the laws of physics... how can a hypothetical thought based on physics and mathematics solve it?" She asked, Five looked at her, his eyes squinted. She was standing so close to the light that he could hardly make out her details, just a silhouette of black.

"What would you know about physics and mathematic?" Asked doubting the extent of her knowledge. Oh she didn't know a nut of it, she was on a different wave then that stuff, but she sure liked to be a logical person and this plan really felt like someone trying to make a portrait with a line and some equations.

"Ok, I might not be into those stuff... but I've read what a Dyson sphere is, alright? It just doesn't feel right yet." She said, Five stepped forward and stoped beside her looking at the Kugelblitz too, he then sighed making her jolt for a second, she was so mesmerized by the light she hadn't noticed him there.

"Worst case scenario we die, actually, if both case scenarios don't work we die." He said. "So don't sweat it." He ended, was this his way of reassuring her? She smiled at the thought.

"Next time try cheering me down, it might work better." The two looking at each other, she was still smiling and he had his eyes furrowed again. Gosh, face so young, expression so serious, he would have wrinkles soon.

"Your welcome, no problem." He replied sarcastically leaving her side.

Viktor walked down the basement stairs after Ben, catching everyone's attention. It was time, five blinked away to go retrieve Lila and Allison and the attempt of trapping the kugel-evil-shit began.