Siebzehn

Asaiah finally made her way over to me who may or may not have been sulking against the wall.

"You look like you're having a blast." She looked me up and down.

I grunted in response. I just wanted to go home and blast some music in my headphones.

"Sorry. Is it your anxiety?"

"No, my depression."

Her eyebrow raised. "Oh."

"I just want to go home. It's fine, though, if you want to keep hanging out. I'll wait. That guy you were talking to.. How is he?" I didn't really want to know, but I wanted to cover up my annoyance.

"Oh." She looked at her hands which were fiddling together. "He's cool, I guess. We talked for a while, but then I saw you and thought I should come over."

"No, you can go back."

"Are you sure you're not mad?"

"Why would I be mad?"

"I don't know. You seem a bit annoyed."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm fine." I walked off towards the stairs (because of course people who throw parties have big houses with stairs and extra rooms).

When I got up there and opened a door, I saw a girl laying face down on the bed in her underwear, shoes still on.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I went around the side of the bed to see her face.

"I'm fine," she mumbled into the mattress before sitting up. "It was just really hot in my dress, so I took it off. I think a dude barfed on it too."

I repressed a laugh. "Ew. I thought something happened."

"Nope." She popped the p. "Why're you up here in this room, though?"

"I just wanted to get away from the party for a bit. Then I saw you and wanted to make sure you were okay."

She nodded, blinking her eyes tight to try and stay coherent, I guessed. I could tell she had had some drinks.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Kaylee. You?"

"Mac. Short for Macaroni," I joked.

"I love macaroni! Wait.." She turned to me. "You're macaroni? I love you." Her voice was very slurred.

"I love you too." I was holding in my laughter. Drunk people were fun to talk to sometimes.

"Aww. Thank you. The last person who said that was my boyfriend.. He cheated on me. I was really sad. But now I don't want another boyfriend. Boys are bad!" She did a thumbs-down.

I smiled. Cute. "I don't really like boys either. Not the same as you, though."

"You're not a boy. Wait, you're not a girl.. That's so cool." She latched herself into my arm.

"You're right, thanks."

"I guess I like boys, but you said you don't. Do you like girls?"

I nodded. "I think. It's confusing."

"Well I've never kissed a not boy-girl."

My eyes widened. "Same."

"You like girls. Can I kiss you?"

I backed up a bit. "Sorry. You're drunk. You're also.." I glanced at her body. "barely dressed."

She pouted and still held onto my arm.

"I should help you get dressed. I don't want someone to come in and.. I don't know. Here." I picked her clothes off the floor and assisted her as she slipped them over her head.

"That's better. Stay safe! I'm gonna go." I left before she could make any more moves. I wasn't particularly uncomfortable. It was just really funny because she was only acting that way due to alcohol.

"Mac! There you are!" Asaiah sprinted up the stairs and put her hands on my shoulders. "I'm sorry. I don't know why you're not happy, but I'm sorry. We can go home now."

"Are Gi and Mal ready?"

"No.." She chuckled awkwardly. "They're in one of the rooms..."

"Oh.."

"Yeah. It's like an hour walk, but it'll make you feel better." She took my hand and dragged me downstairs.

As we were about to head outside, I heard Lilly call my name.

"You're leaving?"

I turned and looked at her. "Yeah, sorry. I have a headache," I lied.

"Oh." She came over. "Sorry we couldn't talk much. I'm sure we'll meet up again." She kissed my cheek. "Bye!" With that, she scurried off back to the host.