C.16 Flash backs

Kyle

"I guess this is goodbye then." her voice was shaky and breaking but mine wasn't much better. "I guess so." I felt tears roll down my face and Alex and Jack both looked at me in shock. "In another life love." I hung up and through the phone breaking it and got up and I instantly knew it was a mistake. "Fuck." "Arms up champ." Alex looked pissed though. "You ruin every good chance you have of being happy." He walked out. Alex was always an amazing father figure and I couldn't ask for better. And he just found out Ben is dead and I broke up with the thing that made me happy.

"Arms up champ." Jack was the same way but I looked up to him as an older brother. There was a 6 year age difference with me being 10 when he found me on the streets and covered in blood and he was doing his thing running a mafia at the age of 16 after he took over for his father who was dying of cancer. Now us being 16 and 22 things are more complicated. I lifted my arms up a little and Jack started wrapping some medical wrap around my ribs to help them heal hopefully and to help it hurt less. He also sat me down and finished with some stitches around my shoulder blade and started covering up the stitches with the rest of the wrap.

And to top it off he took a wrap and put it on my shoulder across my back and under my other arm and did 2 layers before doing 1 more under my arm to "help with support" But I think he just wants to see me struggle. My arm was still swollen but he said I just sprained it and we could get a brace for it and a sling if the shoulder wraps didn't work. "You wanna talk about it?" He finished covering all the stitching and put those small white bandaids about my eye and lip. "Not really."

A couple weeks later

I sat down with Jack and Druid in hopes of having their help with my new plan and idea. "I think it's time to move. Ben thought the time was right and I agree now. We've been in Spain long enough and it's time to come home. Jack I could really use your help moving my guys and prisoners here. Druid I just need you to take charge and get people packing right now. He walked out of the room past me. It has been a while since everything happened and It's time I started thinking about what the rest of us needed. My mind flew to a conversation we had the night after everything happened.

"Take him up the hill. Into the treelines just over the mountain." "You know if we do that he'll never be found." "He doesn't want to be found, he wants to be at peace."

I walked out and went towards the door pushing it open and closing it behind me. I found Druid sitting on the docks and sat next to him and he handed me the cigarette he had or I thought, "How are you feeling amigo?" I laid my back on the dock and took another hit before handing it back to him and letting the smoke exit from my mouth.

At that moment you could say I felt at peace then again I was also getting high out of my mind on a weed joint with Druid. "The fuck are you doing." The voice was too familiar. "I'm not there to keep you out of trouble anymore Kyle. So get your shit together." "I think these drugs are making me hallucinate." "Hallucinate of what." I heard Druid laughing. "Ben." He looked at me and I stared at the clouds. "How'd you guys find me? I was lost at sea and I should be dead." "The helicopter you so rudely fell off of was low. I mean extremely low, probably dangerously. And you landed at a beach probably knee deep. When someone called the cops we got their first." I should be dead shouldn't I? I mean whats the fucking odds of that happening and all working together.

"Come on, let's get you sobered up. Some of the guys are coming with the stuff you requested from Carl." "What happened to Carl?" "His dad passed so we gave him some time off." Good." He helped me up and pushed me into the water. "What the fuck man." "Sober Kyle. Welcome back." "Estúpido" "Call me an asshole as much as you want, it worked didn't it?"