Chapter 5: Sally and Bean

"One of my friends from school is coming over for a group project," Fox announced. "She also has a nephew the same age as you two so I suggested she bring him along to hang out,"

"I did not agree to this!" Wolf snarled.

"Come on Woof-Woof," Puma had taken to sometimes calling her twin brother by the nickname Ashur had given him. "It's better to have more friends than less,"

"The brat will probably be annoying," Wolf scoffed. "Just like that other brat, Ashur,"

"You can't deny that you've warmed up to him," Puma pointed out. "You like hanging out with him too,"

"I only warmed up to him a little," Wolf mumbled. "He's like an annoying little brother even though he's a year older than us,"

The doorbell rang, cutting their conversation short. Fox opened the door and welcomed Sally  Kim and her six year old nephew, Eugene Gale.

"Hi there," Sally greeted. "I'm Sally Kim, Fossa's friend. I hope you get along with my nephew. Eugene, introduce yourself,"

"I'm Eugene Gale," Eugene happily greeted.

"Hi, I'm Puma and the grouchy kid is my twin brother, Wolf," Puma introduced herself. 

'This kids seems like a wuss,' Wolf thought and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?" Puma inquired.

"Next door,"

"Wait up," Puma grabbed Eugene's hands and followed Wolf to the Kwan Mansion.

"Woof-Woof! Kitty!" Ashur cheered upon opening the door. He stared at Eugene for a few seconds. "Bean!"

"Um, actually, my name is Eugene Gale—"

"Don't bother," Wolf said. "Once he nicknames you, all hopes of getting him to call you anything else is lost. But listen closely, only he gets away with calling me Woof-Woof. If you try to call me that, I'll beat you up,"

"Eek!" Eugene squeaked in fear. 'Why did my aunt think it was a good idea for me to befriend her classmate's siblings!?'

"I have a twin brother and his name's Donny," Ashur told Eugene. "And we have another friend, Coffee!"

"Coffee?"

"Their names are actually Donald and Kingsley," Wolf corrected. "You got off lucky with being called 'Bean' compared to everyone else,"

"His nicknames can't be that bad," Eugene sweat-dropped as Ashur led them to the living room.

"Ashur literally calls Kaia 'Kayak' and he calls Alain 'Alien'," Wolf deadpanned. "The only one who got to actually choose their nickname was my brother. His name's Fossa but he prefers to go by Fox instead so everyone calls him that,"

"What video game do you want to play?" Ashur asked Eugene.

"Any is fine," Eugene shot a quick glance to Ashur's missing arm. "But will it be a fair play?"

"He has different adapters to help him play with one arm," Puma assured him. "He really enjoys playing video games. Don't underestimate him,"

They started off with the typical PVP type fighting games, like Takken. Ashur was an experienced player and had practiced a lot. He won a few rounds but Wolf was the best player in the group.

Footsteps were heard and Donald and Kingsley entered the living room. "Who's this?" Kingsley asked, pointing at Eugene.

"Bean," Donald pinched Eugene's cheeks and stretched his face like how Ben did to Colton. "He is a bean,"

"I'm Eugene Gale," He managed to say once Kingsley told Donald to stop

"Bean, this is my big brother Donny!" Ashur eagerly introduced them. "And that's our friend Coffee! Donny, Coffee, this is Bean!"

"My aunt is a friend of Fossa's," Eugene explained. "So she brought me along to befriend Fossa's siblings while they work on a project for school,"

"Bean and Bean's aunt are staying for dinner," Puma said.

"Huh!?" Eugene exclaimed. "I don't want to impose! A-And I'd have to ask my aunt first,"

"I'm sure that Fossa has already invited your aunt to stay for dinner," Kingsley told him.

XXX

"Hi, I'm Ashur!" He greeted Sally during dinner. "This is my puffy. His name is Puffy the Puffiest Puffer the Puff Puff the Third!" He hugged his pufferfish plushy tightly.

"Ashur, he can't be the third since he's the first," Donald told him.

"Yes he can," Ashur huffed. "Puffy can be whatever he wants to be,"

"I'm glad Eugene got along with you guys," Sally smiled.

"I'm not his friend," Wolf deadpanned. "I'm not friends with anyone,"

"I'm Woof-Woof's friend," Ashur said. "And so are big brother and Coffee,"

"I don't remember agreeing to be your friends," Wolf scoffed.

"Wolf's just a tsundere," Puma laughed and patted her twin brother's back. "He acts all tough and cold like this but he does care about everyone,"

"No I don't!" Wolf denied.

"Yes you do,"

"I do not!"

"You're a tsundere,"

"I'm not a tsundere!"

"We played a lot of video games," Eugene told his aunt. "Wolf's the best player out of all of us,"

"Bean's gonna visit more often, right?" Ashur asked with wide eyes filled with hope.

"Can I, auntie?" Eugene pleaded. "Please? Can I?"

"Of course," Sally agreed. "And if Rowan's mom agrees, then he can come with us too,"

"You guys are gonna love Rowan!" Eugene said to his new friends. "He's my best friend and we've known each other since forever!"

"More friends!" Ashur happily cheered. "Yay! I'm making so many new friends!"

"You may be Bean," Donald pointed at Eugene. "But Ashur is the cutest and much more adorable than you,"

"Okay," Eugene sweat-dropped.

"He likes to praise his brother a lot," Puma whispered to him. "He's also extremely protective of him and can even be overprotective sometimes,"

Donald glared at her. "I'd rather be overprotective and annoying than regret it when I'm not able to protect him," 'Never again...' Flashes of their past while living in that hellhole appeared in his mind. 'Never again will I let him suffer like that. Ashur deserves his happiness. He protected me in the past, so I'll always protect him,'

The friend group expanded to include Eugene and Rowan now.