Chapter 46 : Conflict between two Women

Start from the beginning

Julius knows this question well, so he answers Ares by saying, "Would Your Highness go to the purest place within the Empire?"

Ares raises the corners of his mouth and smiles at Julius. "That sounds wonderful."

After he says, "I will prepare it right away," Julius gives him a respectful bow in response.

The Crown Prince turns his chair back, looking at the view beside him. It is a good thing. The Imperial Palace is slightly on higher ground than the other. A magnificent scenery flashes in his mind while looking at a few buildings there, especially the Valimos' manor.

"You all will be mine, especially you, Medea,"

While Ares keeps an eye on the Valimos' home, a carriage makes its way to the hidden estate where Medea lives. After the carriage in front of it stopped, the heels clicking on the ground could be heard. The butler arrives at the show without delay and greets the woman with blonde hair. However, the woman does not smile as frequently as she usually would. Instead, her normally cheery demeanour emerges even though her emerald eyes scream with anxiety.

"Greetings, Countess Hera. Would you like me to accompany you to though the even the location where Duchess Valimos is waiting?" he asks nicely while giving a slight bow to the person who will rule the Angelos Empire one day rule the Angelos Empire.

The Countess only manages a smirk on her face as she realises that she is too exhausted from giving everything that she has to someone else at this very moment. She allows her body to move in the same direction as the butler, guiding her to where Lady Medea is. The blonde opens the door for the tall figure, who is deeply engrossed in her thoughts as Medea looks over the document. The amethyst eyes then look at her, causing her to enlarge her pupils, at which point she realises that the other figure she was waiting for has already arrived.

"My apologies, Hera. I was unaware that you had been present the entire time," the Duchess stands to her feet and moves toward the blonde woman, approaching her with an annoyed expression on her face since she places the highest importance on proper behaviour among nobles.

"No, it's not a problem at all, my lady. It's also my fault that I only gave you one day's notice that I'd be dropping by, "Medea noticed the blonde's re-appearance of the small smile.

While the butler is coming in to prepare their tea and desserts for a visit, the two ladies sit down on the couch, possibly wanting to talk about something important. In the meantime, the butler arrives. But instead, they remain silent as Hera mulls over whether or not to reveal her predicament to the Duchess and asks for her advice. The amethyst eyes than fix their gaze on the blonde's body language, allowing her the space and the opportunity to talk in an uninhibited manner.

"Are you aware that there has been an increase in the price rate for the essential food supplies?" the emerald eyes appear to be filled with gloom and melancholy, suggesting that they may sympathise with those going through it.

The Duchess Medea responded nonchalantly, "Yes, I heard about it."

Medea's hand is held by a blonde woman on the verge of shedding tears. Despite this, she brought to her mind an event that had occurred the day before.

The Countess, accompanied by her servants James and Phoebe, travels to the market to personally purchase the necessary provisions. She should go outside for a while because staying inside makes her feel like she will suffocate. In addition, after the trial a month ago, the state capital returned to its normal state.

Although there is a rumour about the price, the mood is momentarily subdued. Hera may temporarily be unaware of what's happening, but she quickly becomes aware that something is off. The number of people heading to the store is down. The atmosphere is peaceful due to the lack of people. On the other hand, the atmosphere around the vendors is gloomy because it does not appear that they are as busy as they were in the past, particularly the vendors who sell the essential supplies.