Movin' In.

Hola, so this is first chapter of Whatever, Asshole. Yay.
//

Alaska Murphy Hemmings.

My phone chimed in my back pocket as I approached the grocery store. Walking was all I ever felt like doing since I had moved here. The weather was beautiful here in Sydney, Australia, so why waste perfectly good weather by taking a car? I could've always rode my bike, but I was in no rush whatsoever to return home.

My mother had been complaining all weekend about her fiancés' outrageous idea of moving here. The crazy part was that it didn't take much to convince her. That's the thing about Mom: no matter which way you decide to go, hers or yours, she's going to complain anyways.

I ignored the repetitive chimes, already knowing it was Mother. I had been out for a whole hour already, without the potato chips she had asked for me to get.

The grocery store wasn't that far away, two miles at most. If it had been so much as .5 miles further, she wouldn't have let me go. She's so damn overprotective.

It took me quite a while to get here since I had taken a teensy-weensy detour. No biggie.

I decided to check out the town some more, wanting to soak in every bit of information about this place as I could before I had to be in an Australian school for 8 hours each day, leaving no time for exploration.

//I have no idea how long school hours last in Aussie-Land. I'm just going off of the American school hours//

So far, I haven't seen any kangaroos. This place hasn't been living up to my expectations.

Suddenly, a rush of heat came over me and I rolled up the sleeves of my flannel. This place sure was warm. I'll have to get a new wardrobe. Sweet.

I breathe in through my nostrils as I entered the supermarket. Smelled like salad, no joke. I didn't know how the store was set up, so I walked around aimlessly, searching for the Patato chips.

I rounded a corner when I bumped into a very large and very familiar figure.

"Luke, what the hell? Watch where you're going. Why are you here?" I ask him and regret fills me. Mother probably sent him to find me, since he actually has a damn car.

My obnoxious brother holds up a bag of chips in the air. "Looking for these, Murph?" Dammit, I hated when he called me that.

My parents had the glorious idea to give me a fucking boy middle name instead of something pretty, like "Marie" or "Rose". Something normal. But no, my family was anything but normal.

I snatched them from his grap, struggling immensely from his towering height. I, oh-so-luckily got the short gene of this family.

"Fucking giraffe-boy." I mutter and stalk to the cash registers.

I pay for them with the $5 my mom had handed me before I slipped out of the house. Seeing I still had $2 left, I went ahead and bought my favorite gum. Good luck for my first day of school on Monday.

The boy working the cash register rung them up, handed me my change, and gave me a smile. His smile was warm and I liked that. I also noticed he had purple hair, like a Lilac. This made me smile and I gave a weak wave, grabbed my grocery bag, and headed back into the warm air.

I began my walk back home grumpily. Why did my brother have to show up? I'm perfectly capable of going to the god-damned grocery store alone. So, I took a teensy-weensy detour. No biggie.

"Murph!" I ignored him. "Stop!" I kept walking. "You're so stubborn!" He shouts and puts more pressure on the gas to pull up to my side. I still didn't look at him.

"I don't know you." I grit my teeth and glare. I saw him roll his eyes from the corner of mine. "Get in the damn car, Alaska." I sigh and hop inside the car, being that there was no top to his cherry-red Jeep Wrangler.

"Where the hell have you been?" He asks tiredly, running his hand through his tall quiff. You see, my brother has this thing about looking like a girl. I don't see why girls fall at his feet the way they do, but it's whatever. He's pretty damn un-attractive. He's a filthy fucking pig. I can't even remember the last time he's cleaned his room.

"I took a walk." Simply stated. Nothing more. "You know how Mom is, Alaska," my brother starts, "you go straight to the store, and back home again. Kapeesh? Kapeesh." I only grunt in response, earning a jab in the side from a very bony-elbowed boy. "Ow! What the heck?" I slapped his arm l, groaning in pain as I rubbed my ribcage.

"I saw the guy working the cash register eyeing you. He looks our age, maybe he goes to our school?" He says. I give him a funny look. Is he serious?

He sighs. I guess he knew what I was thinking, based off my expression. "Murph, I think it's time you start becoming social again since-" "Shut the hell up, Luke. I'm not interested." He took this as a sign to give it a rest. The rest of the ride (that took, like, 3 minutes) was very silent. Luke looked uncomfortable, but I was the farthest thing. I was too upset to feel awkward. He almost brought it up. How could he? It's still a very upsetting topic.

He pulls into the driveway of our brand new house. Note how I didn't say 'home'.

I didn't get a foot into the house before I was pulled into a bone crushing hug. "Alaska Murphy Quinn! Where have you been?" God, I didn't run away, I took a damn walk. "I took a damn walk, Mom." I pushed the bag of chips into her hand and headed upstairs to my room, where I'd be pretending to unpack, actually laying in my bed.

"Watch your language, Alaska. This is a house of God. Such words won't be tolerated in this home!" She scolds. I rolled my eyes, "Yeah yeah, I'll make sure to pray about it later." That pissed her off. Good.

I stomp up to my new room, faceplanting into my bed, groaning loudly. I soon fell into darkness, consumed by images of the purple-haired boy at the grocery store.

// I LIKE THIS.
I'm excitedddd.
I rarely have been updating my other stories, and I'm real sorry for that. I've been swamped with school + I'm lazy asf + too much family probs. Sorry guys. Love ya lots tho.