ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀ-ᴄʜᴀɴɢɪɴ

"And when the boy opened his eyes, he hadn't the faintest clue where he was. Maybe he was thrown into a new dimension, maybe he was spun around in time, perhaps he was just in his backyard watching the tree branches sway from side to side. But one thing that rattled his empty head was just that: emptiness. He could not recall where he came from, where he was going. Where was his house? What is even his name?

The little boy shot up looking frantically around, a scared little animal, an instinctual fear crawling around his stomach, gnawing it's way up his chest and erupting through his mouth as the most visceral scream anyone had ever heard such a small child make."

Lorraine bent the piece of paper towards, peaking at Eddie in front of her. With his guitar propped up against him, the pic motionless between his fingers, Lorraine wasn't sure if it was terrible or amazing.

"Well?" She raised her brows, waving the paper in front of him.

Eddie slowly shook his head, a wide smile growing on his face. His lips moved slightly, like his words were on the tip of his tongue. She motioned her head for a more readily response, widening her eyes.

"If those asshats in the city don't buy it, I will." He laughed, shaking his head furiously. Lorraine has sent many copies of the first few chapters and outlines of the story she had been working on for months. It was already a few weeks since she sent the first few to some publishers, but she hadn't heard back. She was scared that it was going to be another failure, another rejection.

"You're gonna be like Stephen King, and I can play the music for your soundtrack." He said, pulling the guitar closer to him and playing a few riffs and a freestyle mini-solo.

Lorraine laughed and tossed the pillow at him. She gathered the pieces of paper that were sprawled across the bed, placing them neatly in a brown folder. "You idiot." She smirked, pushing the hair back from her face, behind her ear.

"I wonder what song would go well with it," Eddie looked up in thought, placing his tongue on his lip. His eyes widened, as he began to play a riff of 'Crazy Train', screaming the chorus as he played the solo quickly.

She couldn't stop laughing, admiring Eddie's head banging as he continued for only a few moments, stopping suddenly. "Nah, too on the nose." He said, grinning, pulling his middle finger to his nose and tapping it.

"What song do you think best describes the story then?" Lorraine smirked, seeing if the guitarist could actually impress her.

He squinted and crunched his face, shaking his head backwards to push away the hair from his face. Eddie's eyes twinkled for a moment, beginning to play slowly. Lorraine looked on, watching his face transform into something more serious. She tilted her head, raising a brow and licking her lip in thought. He pressed his tongue harder against his lips, closing his eyes and opening his mouth slightly as a raspy whisper came out.

"Life, it seems, will fade away... Drifting further everyday..."

Lorraine was now the one in shock, one thing was to hear Eddie practice with his band, mostly fast paced songs, thrashing chords and mostly screaming vocals. He continued to sing, with his eyes still closed, like she wasn't there anymore.

"Need the end to set me free..." His voice almost growled, raising his voice just slightly as his lips curled, his head now banging like he could hear the drums accompany him, strumming much harder now, forcefully flicking his pic against the chords. Lorraine was absolutely mesmerized as Eddie continued to play through the song, almost gaining confidence as he thrashed his head back and forth, singing along to the lyrics, tapping his foot almost angrily.