ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ

** tw: substance abuse ** 

Wisps of smoke curled around them as they sat on Eddie's bed. Lorraine's back was leaning against the wall, a pillow propped comfortably just behind her back. Her legs leaned over his, bent to allow her to continue writing in the notebook she had been writing in. Deep Purple played in the background, softly, just enough to make out Ian's voice.

She took the join to her lips, taking a small, quick drag before lifting her gaze to his and handing it over to him. Eddie smiled, blinking slowly like he was in a dream. Though the sun couldn't shine through the red cloth that hung over the window, it flooded the room with a red hew that washed over her. Her eyes gleamed as she smiled, giving a soft giggle.

He leaned over to grab the joint, taking in a long drag. "When you become a famous author, we have to go somewhere." He smiled, leaving the joint in the ashtray placed beside him.

"Well, that's if I finish it. And someone wants to read it." She smiled, continuing to furiously write.

Eddie smiled, caressing the leg that laid on him, giving it a quick squeeze.

"What do you want to do after you graduate?" She asked, making Eddie's demeanor change slightly. He really didn't know, he never asked himself that question. Sitting there watching Lorraine, he had a faint idea of what life he'd like to have.

"I don't know, I don't really care." He shrugged, continuing to run his fingertips lightly against her skin. "Maybe go on the road, you know? I wanna see everything. I wanna go to concerts and play music." He trailed on, now tapping his fingers to the rhythm of the music in the background.

"Doesn't sound like you have a plan." She smirked, leaving the pencil she had in her hand on the sheets beside her. Lorraine leaned in a little, grabbing his hand and intertwining her fingers with his.

"As long as you're there, honestly..." Eddie said, softly, a small smile creeping on his face. He could feel the rush of blood starting to pool around his cheeks.

"Then its a plan." She smiled, setting the notebook to a side and pulling on Eddie's hand. He happily complied and placed himself between her legs, leaning his chest on her stomach. He cradled himself on his elbows, leaning his forehead on her chest.

"We'll get out of here, and we'll travel, and we'll do whatever the hell we want." She smiled, taking her hands to his head and playing with his dark curls.

Eddie closed his eyes, taking a picture of the very moment as it happened. He didn't want to forget the feeling of being safe, belonging, being wanted by someone so fondly and so selflessly. He raised his head to look at Lorraine. He looked deeply into her red stained eyes, smiling from ear to ear.

"God, I love you Lorry."

She laughed, cupping his face in her hands, "I love you too, Eddie."

˜ " * ° • . ✫ . • ° * " ˜

Lorraine waited for Eddie to call when the gig had finished, even now that it was almost ten o'clock at night. She looked on from her living room window, hoping to see his van ride up the cold hard ground of the trailer park, seeing him jump out excitedly.

"He's probably fine." Robin said, as she caressed her back. She lent her chin on the top of the couch, her eyes slowly closing from how tired she was.

"Yeah, I guess." She mumbled, before turning to look at Robin. "Thanks for staying, I'm sorry if the party wasn't as you expected."