Everyone was confused by her behaviour and more hurt that she would even think that they would join that maniac. "Did he gave you his secret tattoo too?? Show your hands."

"Jo, how could you even think that??" Lily asked, feeling offended.

"Because I'm selfish. I only think what is right according to me and not about others. You all have to look out for yourselves. I won't mind if you go and draw that stupid tattoo on your hand." She waved her hand dismissively and turned around walking towards the stairs.

"Mortis." Sirius grabbed her arm.

"Let go." She hissed.

"What happened while you were gone??" He held her hand more tightly.

"I said. Let. Go." He still didn't and she got more angry. Using her other hand, a violet wave pushed him away forcefully, making him fall unto the coffee table, breaking it in the process.

Lily's hand flew to her mouth in shock. James ran forward to her while Remus and Peter ran to his help. "Jo, what are you doing??" James yelled, grabbing both of her shoulders "Are you drunk??" he asked, smelling the alcohol now that he was standing close to her.

"I don't get drunk." She denied and forcefully pulled herself away from him, almost falling down in the process. If it wasn't for James she would've broken her nose.

"Okay, you are drunk." James mumbled and picked her up in his arms. Feeling sleepy and exhausted she snuggled closer to him. He walked upstairs and tucked her to bed. He sat by her side for a while. Everything she said downstairs did make him feel hurt but now, not so much. She wouldn't have said any of those things is she was sober. He didn't knew why she drank so much; he has never seen her like this.

"I don't know what you're going through, Jo but I would like you to tell me." He whispered "Every time anything goes bad you go through all of it by yourself but you really don't have to." He leaned down and kissed her forehead "Sleep well, little witch." He got up and left the room.

Downstairs, Sirius was sitting on the couch removing the pieces of splinters which pierced into his back. He didn't know how to feel about any of this. He was angry on how she reacted but also guilty that he wasn't here when whatever happened that got her to drink so much.

"How's she??" He asked seeing James descend the stairs.

"Asleep." He answered.

"Any idea why she did all this??" Lily asked and James shook his head.

"Everything was fine before I left. Something must have happened after that." Sirius said "I should have been here."

"You didn't know. Honestly, no one knows what goes on with her." Remus mumbled.

"She's acting kinda weird, you know, after returning from Asgard." Peter said "Like, always deep in thought and zoning out, even in the order meetings and Moody has given her an earful for that."

"It's not like her." Lily added.

"Something must have happened between her and her grandfather." Sirius thought out loud "I don't know about her family as much but it's definitely about that."

~☆~

*Flashback

"Heimdall, I just wanted to know, where you stashed my mother's tomb??" Josette asked.

"It's still on Midgard."

"WHAT!!" she shouted "It's dangerous keep her down there. Tom is after her, the Ferðamenn are after her. It's not safe there."