60: What is happening to me?

27 January 1979: Lysing Hail

"Prongs, I am so nervous. What if she hates me and never talks to me again?" Sirius asked him, pacing around his living room.

"She is going to say yes. She's not going to hate you. You guys have been dating for three years." He said grabbing the nervous boy by his shoulders and staring into his eyes.

"Your right. The worse thing that will happen is her saying no and ignoring me the rest of my life." Sirius quipped.

"I don't get it why are you so nervous. She loves you so much, she'll obviously say yes." Remus came into the room along with Peter.

"You're realizing that she's a literal Goddess!!! And a princess. What if she thinks that I'm not capable for her and finds someone of her type, you know, a prince, someone whose not a normal human." He pointed towards himself.

"And what if she loves a normal human??" Remus asked rhetorically.

"Dude. Just go propose to her" Peter advised. "She'll say yes, we're sure."

Sirius unsurely nodded and walked towards his house. He clenched the small box in his pocket and knocked on the door. It opened and Josette smiled at him.

"I thought you were working late??" She asked and welcomed him inside "Honestly Moody's going soft on you." They shared a kiss.

"You'd say it now that you're his favorite auror and we are just 'trainees'" he aircoted. Josette chuckled in response.

Sirius removed his jacket and placed it on the table. His shirt moved slightly revealing some part of the sacr on his chest. Josette's eyes fixed on it as a guilty feeling rose into her.

He quickly fixed his shirt and took her hand in his "It was not your fault. Huh??" He placed a hand on her cheek and smiled warmly. She nodded with a sad smile on her lips. "Let's go for a walk." He took her hand and both left the house.

Both walked in silence on the empty beach, hand in hand as their bare feet got covered by the cool sand. "You know I love you, right??" He said out if nowhere and it surprised her.

"I know and I love you too." She smiled.

"Few months ago when that happened and I almost... died.." he stopped and took her hand in his "I realized what James and Lily have been saying all along. Life is too short to be lived in fear and I don't want Voldemort to ruin our lives. I'm not going to be scared of him and stop living because of this blasted war. Josette Hart, I have loved you since the moment I met you. I didn't know it then, but I do now. I love every bit of you, and yes, that means your past too and whatever the future will hold for us. You are not a Monster, Killer, Death, whatever you blame yourself to be. You're just Mortis. My Mortis." He stopped to see how she was reacting, and his heart dropped when he saw tears in his girlfriend's eyes. "You are my world. And I want to spend my life with you. We are in a middle of war specifically revolving around you but I'll always be there for you. I don't know what's going to happen, but whatever we might face in the future I want to be by your side, always and forever." He took a deep breath and said the words he'd been wanting to say since fifth year. "Mortis, will you marry me?"