34: You wish!!

4 August: Potter House

"No, no, no, no, no. You're not wearing that." Sirius shook his head.

"Why? Does it look bad?" Josette asked.

"You look gorgeous, doll. But it's red you don't wear Gryffindor colours to a Pureblood ball." Sirius whisper yelled.

"It's okay love. It will be worth it to see their faces." She assured him.

"Do you really have to?"

"Yes." He gave up his attempts to make her wear another dress instead complicated her current one.

Both shared a kiss and walked downstairs where everyone was waiting for her. James smiled as soon as he saw her and hugged her. "You look fabulous."

"Thanks."

"When will you be returning back??" Obviously Mia had to ask that.

"It will get late. Don't wait for me." Josette shrugged.

"And you are going alone. I will come to pick you up." Monty said concerned about her.

"It's okay Dad. I'm used to it, being alone." Josette mumbled the last part to herself. Everyone became silent at her statement.

"Very well. You look beautiful." Monty hugged and kissed her cheek. Josette smiled widely and mumbled a thanks.

She got into her car and drove to the Malfoy manner. She can't apparate yet and Floo powder will ruin her dress so, muggle way was the best option.

~☆~

Malfoy Manor.

Severus was standing next to Lucius, Marcus Avery and Rabastan Lestrange on the left side of the Malfoy's huge ballroom. Soon the group was joined by Regulus. He actually didn't wanted to come at all but was forced by his parents.

Severus was too nervous to attend this ball. It's his first ever luxurious party. He was wearing a white button down shirt, rolled up till his elbows and black pants. His clothes were nothing compared to all these wizards. He was feeling a little ashamed.

When Lucius invited him to this party he was very shocked. All these years Lucius ever did is talk about his pureblood pride and he would invite a halfblood to his party really surprised him.

Severus couldn't decide whether he was doing this really because of friendship or anything else. And not just that he is regretting very much of how he acted with Josette and wants to apologize to her.

The hall was beautifully decorated. The marble ceilings were incredibly high, black diamond chandeliers hanging from them by silver chains. Huge stone pillars were lined along all sides of the room, supporting the ceilings. The wardrobes of everyone consisted of only oriental grey, black, and white with an occasional dark green thrown in.