64: You die. The lord dies.

Start from the beginning

"That's fine. At least you told me now." He sighed "Thank you for telling me."

She smiled, he came forward and kissed her cheek. "I will go and check that Department of Mysteries. And till then I don't want you to leave your bed or no cuddles tonight." He warned.

"Really." She pouted. He nodded. "Fine." He laughed and left the house.

~☆~

James was on his way to St. Mungo's to pick up Lily, with a beautiful bouquet of flowers in his hands. They had a date planned in a fancy muggle restaurant. He was holding up good after their funeral, but still missed them everyday.

With everything going on with Regulus and the Darkhold, they didn't even had the time to grive and started working day and night to find them. James was actually thankful for the distraction, it helped keep him working instead of sitting lonely in his house.

After a very long time they had a whole night for themselves, he didn't had any mission and Lily was going to leave early today so, why not enjoy the time together?

Just as he was about to enter the hospital "Potter." someone called his name. He turned around to see Lucius Malfoy standing in front of him. His first instinct was to remove his wand and pointed it at the blonde. "No need for that. I'm just here for a nice little chat." Lucius smirked.

"I have date and honestly I would be there with her than you. So if you don't mind." He turned around.

"It's about your mudblood."

James stopped in his tracks and the next second his hand was on his collar and the wand pointing at his throat "Don't. Call. Her. That." He hissed.

Lucius smirked and apparated away. Since James was holding him, he too side apparated. But it was nowhere secret or a place full of death eaters. He just apparated to a side alley near St. Mungo's so no one would hear them talk.

"What the hell do you want??" James held his wand tightly.

"You love your mu- wife, don't know??" He asked.

"Is that even a question??" James scoffed.

"And she's a muggleborn."

"A very skilled witch." He corrected him.

"Yet a target of The Dark Lord." The blonde smirked "The deadline will be over soon and then we can kill you." He walked towards him "But The Dark Lord is gracious enough to make you an offer. Join him and your and your muggleborn wife's life would be spared. He would even let her bloodstatus slid aside and welcome her in his ranks."

"I would rather die then betray my sister."

"Sister??" He scoffed "She doesn't care about you. All she cares about is how she can be better than the Dark Lord. She too craves power and believe me, she will even sell you out to achieve that."

"I think I know her better than you to know what she'll do. So shove your offer up your Lord's ass and stay the fuck away from my family." James spat.

"What about your wife?? Don't you care about her life??"

"I do and I'll do everything to protect her but joining your side, not possible." James turned and quickly left the alley.

Lucius just smirked "You'll regret it, Potter." And he apparated back to the Malfoy Manor.

~☆~

*DING!
"Sorry we are closed." Remus said hearing the small bell ring on the door of the book shop he is working at. He peeked from behind the shelf he was arranging books on and his heart skipped a beat seeing Greyback standing in the doorway.