Chapter 7: Pearl Dust and Rose Thorns

Start from the beginning

"He definitely just looked at me." Enzo said, while not moving one inch.

"He did." Daphne whispered and I rolled my eyes at Daphne for playing along and making Enzo even more paranoid.

We sat and ate in silence, since no one had anything to say. I liked sitting in silence, because this gave me the time to watch the other students and listen to their conversations.

"I can't believe Snape is teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts this year instead of potions." A Hufflepuff girl said to her friends.

"I bet Dumbledore wanted to get rid of him. This position is cursed." Another one giggled and I could feel the anger inside of me.

I knew that many students disliked him. But he didn't deserve any of it. It was his way of keeping himself from people who didn't really know him. Once he trusts you, you'll know the real Severus.

"Hey, come one let's get to class." Enzo said, while leaning down to look at my face. Enzo and Daphne already finished eating, while I listened to the girls on the other table.

"Don't listen to them. Dumbledore would never do anything to harm Severus." he whispered, so not even Daphne could hear us. I loved how considerate Enzo was. It was impossible to hide my emotions and thoughts from him.

◅▫▻

We were walking along the corridors on our way to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom. It was our first lesson of the day and I was excited for a fresh start. The corridors were flooded with students. Everyone was searching for their new classroom and McGonagall was trying her best to get the place under control. "History of Magic is upstairs, ladies. Not down." The Ravenclaw girls nodded at her words before turning around.

"Poor woman. I think she needs some time to relax." Daphne said as we walked past McGonagall. Before I could get another glimpse of her, we turned to our right and I could only hear her shouting at some other students.

We strolled into the classroom, which looked slightly different than last year. The curtains were closed halfway, only letting a little bit of light enter the room. New paintings were hanging on the walls and even some stuffed animals were placed around the room.

"I guess Snape decided to make some changes in decor." Enzo whispered next to me and I chuckled.

I made my way over to one of the desks in the middle of the room and Enzo hurried after me.

"Please don't leave me to fend for myself." he said and sat down next to me. "If you're next to me he can do me no harm." I laughed at his words, hitting him with my elbow playfully. "Don't be mean."

The door to little office in the back of the room flew open and Severus made his way down the stone stairs. When he noticed us, he quickly shot me a smile before walking towards desk.

The rest of the students quickly made their way into the classroom just in time.

"Books down." Severus said as he came to a halt in front of Hermione. She immediately threw the book into her bag on the right side of the desk.

"Who's missing?" Severus said while scanning the classroom and coming to a halt at the empty desk next to Enzo and me.

"Riddle and Theo." Pansy said, turning around to look at the empty desk. She and Daphne were sitting right in front of us.

"Does anyone know where Mr. Riddle and Mr. Nott are?" Severus asked into the classroom. Nobody said a thing and I shrugged my shoulders.

He shook his head and mumbled something, before walking back to the front of the classroom.