Tears

My eyes crack open as I roll onto my back. I glance at the clock.

6:28am

Groaning, I sit up right.

"Today I won't be miserable." I think in attempt to believe the words.

Feeling exactly what I told myself I wouldn't feel, I reach over and pull the curtains back a slither. The sky has a tint of purple, but it's still mostly dark out.

I push open the window, my senses blessed by the sound of gentle rain pattering on the concrete outside.

10 minutes zooms by without me even noticing. I climb out of bed and make my way into the living room.

"What do you want?" Mother asks, her gaze fixed on her laptop.

"Nothing." I mumble. Her head jerks up. "What was that, you miserable shit?" she forces. I roll my eyes. "Nothing. I'm fine."

What a fantasic start to my 'not miserable' day.

I decide to hurry. Instead of taking my time, I rush.

I don't have the mental capacity to participate in one of her screaming matches today.

---

I'm ready. I pour some cereal in a bowl and dose it in milk. Emotionless, I sit at the dining table.

"What's got you in a shit mood?" It's my sister.

I force my eyes closed and sigh. "Nothing. Thanks for caring." I reply.

She stops in front of me. "I don't care."

I finish my breakfast and rush out the door.

"Bye Mum, I love you." I call. No response. "Mum?"

"Yeah, whatever." I hear.

I close the door behind me, water brewing in my eyes.

Just as I start my short walk to school, I feel a drop of liquid on my forehead.

"Great, it's fucking raining."

---

I arrive at school.

8:27am and I'm soaked right to the bone.

"Girl be looking like a drowned Rat." I hear, my feet sloshing as I walk down the halls.

"Just buy an umbrella." someone calls.

I make it to the others. One point and they're all facing me.

None of them care. Well, all accept her; my bestfriend.

She walks over to me. I wipe my face, trying to hide my bloodshot eyes.

"Are you okay?" she asks. Others follow her over.

"Y/n..."

I look at her and start bawling.

She pulls me into a half wet, half dry hug.

"Hey, it's okay. We're here for you."

Tears, Tears, Tears.