•|life no.1.part(4)|•

" lady nami "

" Lady obanai , what brings you here ?"

" To see you my lady "

" That can't be it you rarely visit so what's your real motive? "

" I_"

" Answer me truthfully lady obanai"

" I came here to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage for my son "

" But those two have never met what would they think of this marriage? "

" Lady nami , have you seen your husband before marrying him ?"

" No."

" Neither have I but it was my role to marry him for influence and power , if the two families were to have an alliance we'll be even stronger than the royal family!"

" I suppose your right but my daughter will not be happy about it "

" Neither will my son "

Both ladies giggled and proceed to drink their tea

______________________

" Iguro_kun!"

Mitsuri called out waving to the young duke .

He was waiting for her in the garden at there usually spot but this time he was wearing a black cap with a hood.

He turned around to face her and smiled

" Kanjiro!"

He waved back at her.

She reached him panting.

" Are you ready? "

She put on her hood.

" Yes!"

They both then proceed to sneak out of the mansion .

___________________

' so noisy ' the black haired man thought as they walked through the crowded streets of the village the sound of merchants yelling and children playing he hated the noise but it was worth it.

The girl beside him happily munching on the sakura mochi he had bought her , she had disappeared from his sight earlier to look at the dresses and he was afraid he would lose her again thus they were holding hands it wasn't because he wanted to hold her hand or anything.

She looked at him and offered him a sakura mochi to which he shook his head to decline her offer.

As they were walking she spotted a small jewellery store and tugged on his hand to go there .

The small bell signalled there entrance and a red haired man turned to great them mitsuri visibly brightened .

" Tanjiro_kun ! "

She greeted the boy

" Mitsuri_san welcome ! "

" How is your sister doing? "

" Better although she's still I'll "

" I hope she gets better soon"

" I hope so too "

The boy then noticed obanai

" Hello to you too sir "

Obanai muttered a hello

" Well what can I help you two with ?"

" We're just going to look at the jewellery!"

" Very well the place is yours ! "

Obanai didn't even wait for tanjiro and was already looking a rings while mitsuri was looking at pendants .

An hour later they finished there purchase and walked out of the store mitsuri saying goodbye to tanjiro.

They continued walking for sometime and obanai this time took them to a floor shop owned by his friend rengoku.

" Hello obanai ! , and lady ? "

" Hi I am mitsuri! "

" I am rengoku it's nice meeting you lady mitsuri! "

Mitsuri and rengoku got on pretty well and obanai was grateful that rengoku was distracting her while obanai picked some flowers for her .

As he was paying for the flowers rengoku asked

" Are you going to be at the festival tonight ? "

" Oh I wish but we have to go back before dinner"

" No need"

That made her look at him

" But what about dinner ? " She asked with her head titled

' cute ' obanai thought

" There are other servants in the house who could prepare dinner "

He said as he payed for the flowers and left

" Here " he handed her the flowers

" For me ? Thank you! "

She took them and smiled

He couldn't help but blush

__________________

They enjoyed the festival quite a lot , it was the first time obanai actually enjoyed an outing with someone.

They escaped the crowd and went on a nearby hill to watch the fireworks

When the fireworks started obanai wasn't really focused on them he was more focused on the beautiful beside gazing up at the fireworks with child like wonder.

He knew it was the perfect time so he gathered up all his courage.

" Mitsuri"

" Yes iguro_kun "

" I love you"

He expected so type of suprise or pause but she once again suprised like the first time he met her.

" I love you too "

____________________

• thank you for reading ❤️