He checked the signs to find the villain section before heading to the third floor. He was stunned for a moment, looking at the floor full of life-size statues of villains. He gulped when he saw his father, angry expression and roaring flames set in stone, looking just as terrifying as he did on the Isle even without his powers. He could hear his father's voice in his head, telling him to complete the mission, to take his place by his side, and he swiftly moved on to find the book.

The book was in the centre of a small room, surrounded by what looked like lasers, all coming from one spot in the ceiling above. Carefully, he summoned his magic, something he had gotten used to being in Auradon, and felt the new feeling of magic humming through his veins that he tested late at night. With precision he sent a jet of ice towards the ceiling, cutting off the lasers, and reached out to grab the book. 

A breath that he didn't know he had been holding left his lips when he grabbed the book, flicking through it and seeing the scribbles and scrawls of the greatest villain in history. These spells were powerful enough to destroy entire kingdoms, just as his father planned, and one of them would surely be able to break down the barrier. He put the book into his bag and raced out of the museum checking behind him for any guards before sprinting back to the school. 

He made sure it was clear before he scaled the wall and entered back through his dorm window, shutting it firmly with a click. The thrill of the steal slowly left his body now he was safely in his room, and once he stored the book under a loose floorboard below his bed, he changed and settled down for bed, his mind clear for the first time since coming to Auradon...

The next day he had science class in the morning then another goodness class with Aizawa, before literature and fencing in the afternoon. The lessons were long and boring and he felt himself zoning out when he was supposed to be monitoring the changing colours of the chemicals, losing interest when Aizawa was telling him about the Beast's coronation, and he gave up attending afternoon classes.

He didn't go to lunch and instead returned to his room, ignoring when Kirishima came and knocked on his door asking to have lunch with them. He didn't have time for them, he had to get through this book and find the spell that would break the barrier. He spent the rest of the day carefully deciphering every word and phrase, rewriting the ones he found most important in his notebook. He was halfway through when he found a spell to break the unbreakable, and his resilience was rewarded.

"Now no longer safe and sound, let this stronghold now come down." he read aloud, head spinning to the left when he saw one of the table legs break, the table leaning precariously to the side. He laughed almost hysterically at how everything was coming together, and set about gathering his things into his bag. 

He would leave for the Isle tonight...

The boys were worried. Shoto had been ignoring them the whole day, vanishing into thin air whenever one of them saw him. They knew they were insensitive last night, realising that what they were saying was rude and condescending. They didn't know what life was like on the Isle but it sure wasn't as lovely as theirs. 

They wanted to say sorry, and were worried that Shoto would do something bad either to someone else or to himself. They had only known him a few days but they actually quite liked him and felt a sort of care and protectiveness towards him. It was sometimes hard to bare seeing him marvel at things they took for granted, how it was so clear he'd never had a full meal in his life, how he always looked around him like anyone would attack at any time. They didn't want him to feel like that anymore, and Bakugou knew that when he was crowned King in a few months he would try to help as many kids from the Isle as possible. But for that he knew he would need Shoto's help.

So, that evening, the four of them went to Shoto's room and knocked on, asking if they could talk. They brought strawberries too, hoping they would be a good peace offering. One minute turned to two, then three, then five, and Shoto hadn't answered the door. Feeling a sense of dread Bakugou grabbed his key and opened the door, eyes wide as he rushed over to the open window, just able to catch a glance of someone leaving the gates before vanishing.