16: Free Ice Cream...For Life!

July 2nd, 1985

The next day and we were all sitting in the back room at Scoops, trying to figure out how to get in the door. Since it was a slow day, both Steve and Robin were in the back and I was sitting next to Steve, arms crossed, watching him twirl his hat. Dustin in the meantime was pacing, trying to come up with some sort of an idea as to what a viable plan could be. He suggested in private when Robin helped out a customer that I used my powers but that plan had a slight hitch. My powers are complicated and they need focus and back on the roof we saw multiple guards posted outside the door. If I focused on one and not the other, then that would leave me vulnerable and I could never do two at once. Sure there was the fact that only one had a key are that we needed but he also had a gun which made it even more complicated.

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun. Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it," Dustin deadpanned and I nodded in agreement.

"But there's gotta be a way in," Robin assured from her spot across the table.

"Well, you know, I could just take him out," Steve offered blew in his hat before throwing it onto the table.

Robin raised a brlw. "Take who out?"

"The Russian guard," Steve informed and we all collectively raised a brow at him. "What? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy."

"I'm sorry, you do know that you're Steve Harrington right?" I asked and he glared at me.

"Did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Dustin asked and Steve nodded.

"Yes, Dustin, I did. And that's why I would be sneaking," he shot back and mimicked the sneaking with his fingers.

"Ah...well, please, tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually...won a fight?"

"Okay, that was one time..."

"Twice. Jonathan. Year prior," Dustin reminded him and I raised a brow.

"Jonathan beat you up?" I asked but Steve ignored me.

"Listen, that doesn't count."

"Why wouldn't it count? Because it looks like he beat the shit out of you," Dustin said and Steve began sputtering.

"Yeah...and--"

"You got a fat lip, crooked nose, swollen eye...a lot of blood," Dustin pointed out, listing things with his fingers.

"Hey...I was caught off guard."

I thought for a second as Steve tried defending himself and remembered hearing why he got beat up by Jonathan. Back when Steve was still an ass he graffitied the marquee at the theatre to read 'All the Right Moves starring Nancy the Slut Wheeler'. Jonathan saw and got angry, Steve provoked him and they ended up fighting. The fight was the beginning of Steve changing his entire personality so it wasn't a bad thing, just kinda funny that he really did suck at fighting. Apparently Jonathan came out unscathed.

"Really...you know I think I heard this story and you deserved it," I stated and Steve stared at me, looking very offended.

"Hey...I thought you were on my side," he whined and I shrugged.

"You do remember that I saved you from Billy...right?" I inquired and Steve was just about to protest but was cut off by Robin.

"That might just work."

We all turned to find her staring at the vent almost in awe. I raised a brow just as Robin turned and bolted out of the back room, raiding the tip jaw as she went. We all followed and Steve groaned when noticed their collection of tips had been emptied.