4: Awkward Times One Million

October 31st, 1984

That simple kiss turned into a full on make out session and I had arrived with Steve at his house nearly twenty minutes ago. The kissing had been going on for at least half of that and I hated to say that I didn't feel all that bad. I had always liked Steve and through the careful examination of my somewhat vague memories I discovered that I dreamed about him a lot. Nearly every night which was partly because of our strange connection and partly because of the fact that I had the biggest crush on him.

Ever since I met him in kindergarten I liked him and here I was, kissing him. It felt surreal yet incredible all at the same time. And Steve's mind felt the same, to the point where he climbed on top of me in order to deepen the embrace. I had at first assumed I was nothing but a rebound but his mind kept assuring me that I was so much more. I broke the kiss to get some air and Steve took the opportunity to try and tug my white shirt off me. I quickly stopped him and broke the kiss, Steve frowning in protest.

"I'd love to. But I can't," I assured and he nodded in agreement. "It's just too soon."

Steve sighed and I rolled my eyes before locking our lips once again.

"Of course, I'm an idiot. I'm sorry...why are you smiling."

"The old Steve would never say something like that, he'd be pretty pissed," I assured and he grinned while I followed suit. "I like this new you."

"I do to. Can you at least stay the night, I promise nothing will happen," Steve assured and I was hesitant but eventually sighed and nodded.

Steve grinned like a little kid and he brought me upstairs to his room. I got tossed a shirt and a pair of sweats and slipped into the bathroom to change while Steve did the same. I reentered his room and grinned at the amount of pop culture merchandise that was placed haphazardly around it. There were comics, movies, cassettes and even the scattered action figure. I picked up the one closest to me to find a Poison Ivy figure, still in it's original packaging. I stuffed the figure back on his dresser before wandering deeper into Steve's room, checking out everything.

His bed was pushed against the left wall and to the right was a desk that was crowded with papers and school books. A record player was dangling on the edge with a pile of records on the floor beside it. On the other side of the room was a small rabbit ear TV with an Atari attached to it. I caught sight of Space Invaders, Gallaga, Centipede and even PAC Man among many others. There were also VHS tapes scattered around the floor and the whole thing was so un-Steve Harrington that I actually burst out laughing, much to his annoyance.

"What?! You don't like my collection?" Steve inquired, getting nearly defensive about his room.

"No, I love it. It looks like my room," I informed and smiled at the walls which were also covered in movie posters.

We weren't all that different after all and the thought made me smile. Steve Harrington was more than just his hair and more than just his outward, douche bag appearance. Behind closed doors he was nothing but a nerd and I loved it.

"So...you approve?"

"Damn right I approve," I informed and Steve grinned before walking over and stealing a kiss.

I smiled but quickly pulled away and hopped into his bed, sighing at how darn comfy it was. Beds always felt better when they weren't yours and right now, Steve's felt like a million bucks.

"I'm glad you like it, I usually avoid bringing people up here," Steve admitted while he to crawled into bed.

I moved closer and snuggled against his chest, listening to his heart as it beat steadily.