|| Chapter XLVII ||

Start from the beginning

The trio remained silent, but decided to trust their teachers. In such times of absolute despair, it is better to vouch for experience over talent.

Footsteps echoed around the bend to the alley, and the sensei-student group immediately took offensive stances against whatever was coming from the other side.

A slight drizzle had started to pour. The weather recreated the same bloody night, 10 years ago, as though to spite on Hero society. The sweet smell of petrichor wafted into their nostrils, and the sound of puddles being run over was heard.

Finally, the man in question revealed himself, and he stood panting at the mouth of the alley.

"Jeanist.....!?"

"Finally found you," Tsunagu Hakamada said, and he walked over to the Pros, the US trio utterly confused in the background. "I searched all over."

"We're sorry, Jeanist. But we're not going back," Aizawa said fiercely. "You can go and tell Nezu that I don't give a shit about being a hero anymore. I'm more interested in siding along with my daugh— no, along with Yui."

"I'm not here to rat you out, idiot. I switched sides too," Jeanist said, earning a wide eye and approving nods from Snipe and Present Mic. "Also, does this picture ring any bells?"

Jeanist shoved the poster that he had taken out from under his denim, making sure to keep it dry from the rain. Aizawa slowly grasped the poster, and the Heroes and students slowly peeked into Madara's picture.

"Who is this?" Midnight asked uncertainly, but widened her eyes when she noticed the defining trait of the photo. "Wait, that is.....!?"

"Sharingan," Snipe completed the statement. "There's no doubt about it. The Sharingan of the (L/N), but his right eye in a bit different." Snipe commented on the grey concentric circles on the right eye.

"Amajiki found this poster in his storage," Best Jeanist said. "If I had to judge by the cover, this person is/was a Hero who belonged to the (L/N)."

"Maybe an unknown Pro?" Present Mic said uneasily. "Maybe someone who isn't too famous."

"That's impossible," Snipe observed. "This poster has the Limited Edition mark on it. There's no way he's some low ranked Pro. Heck, even All Might and Endeavor took quite some time to acquire their own Limited Edition merch."

"This poster is the key to many questions," Best Jeanist said. "We need to keep this safely."

"You said Amajiki had this picture? Why did he approach you?" Aizawa fired.

"The Big Three have their own suspicions now," Best Jeanist confirmed. "And I received a phone call from Togata only 5 minutes back, and it seems that Nezu is mobilizing the Third Years to help them fight against (F/N)."

The teachers stood with their mouths agape, while the students watched silently from the sidelines. Bakugo especially listened in attentively. Ever since he had done his work study under Best Jeanist, the blond boy had come to respect the Denim Hero.

"You're telling me Nezu is now using Third Years as human shield!?" Midnight screamed in agitation. "Damn that rat, I always knew he was up to no good! Kids are going to die!"

"We can't stop it. They're moving out as we speak," Best Jeanist said. "I've told Togata to keep me updated on whatever that rat-ass does. Hado and Amajiki are there as well, along with Togata. For now, we can safely say that UA's Big Three are on our side.

"Besides, are you going where I think you're going?"

Best Jeanist asked the group sharply, and they flinched at the sudden question. "You do realize that there's no point trying and attacking Sarazaki? Besides, what are you planning to do once you get to her? Kill her?"

"What else would we do to that damn hag?!" Aizawa replied hotly. "Of course I'm going to kill that fucking bastard! She's the sole reason behind all of this shit. She's the reason Yui remained the Hero Society's puppet!"

"And yet, knowing all of this, you decided to continue the roleplay," Best Jeanist said coldly, and Aizawa and Midnight were lost for words. "You continued to play family, knowing well what it would eventually culminate into. Do you have the right to go for her head, when you've been dancing in her palm the entire time?"

"..... for once in my life, I want to redeem myself," Aizawa said softly. "I want to stand up against the people who harassed Yui. The people who killed her family, wiped her memories, and used her as nothing but the nation's tool to success. And I admit that I was in the wrong, because I never tried to do anything to stop it. But believe me when I say it, I really do care for her."

Aizawa looked up from the ground, tears staining his face, and the drizzle slowly getting heavier.

"I really care for Yui. I really do regard her as my daughter. Even if she doesn't recognize me as her Father now, I will continue to support her until the end of time. And to me, there is nothing more important than her safety and well-being."

Jeanist remained silent. Bakugo, Todoroki and Yaoyorozu looked completely defeated with the sudden realization of what was really happening to their classmate.

"Listen to me, Aizawa. Don't let your emotions talk for you," Jeanist said, after a small pause. "Right now, if you do anything remotely serious, (F/N) will turn you into a target. You haven't formally approached him, have you? Only Mirko, Hawks and Mount Lady have. He doesn't know that he has many more allies on the enemy's side. If you kill Sarazaki, (F/N) won't be thrilled. I bet he has a much more elaborate execution prepared for her."

"We can still restrain her and make his kill easier, right?"

"I don't think there's any need for that," Jeanist said. "We'll be much more helpful if we fight back the Pros instead. Things won't be pretty if the entire Hero society gangs up on a measly 10 villains."

"Where do we head to?"

"Someone we can trust now," Jeanist replied. "We need to get to Hawks, Mirko or Mount. There's no one else we can approach now."

"Yui," Snipe interrupted. "We can approach Yui. If we are able to convince her that we're really on her side, we'll be indirectly able to convince (F/N) as well."

"Then let's move out. They've got All Might and Endeavor on their side. We need to get to (F/N) before they do."

"Hopefully All Might doesn't do anything drastic....."

[ ----- ----- ----- ]